Winch for my navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianmonster7

Reaction score
Hey guys just looking at options can't really afford a warn winch what are more afforable options and how do the cheaper ones rate?

I have an Aldi winch. It's pulled me out of the poo a few times and it's pulled tree stumps out of the ground a few times too. Works every time, and really can't fault it - especially for the price!

My winch extension, tree protector and bow shackles are all ARB - I think my snatch block is TJM (which is probably Chinese).

I'm of the opinion that there's little separating any of them these days. Just remember to put a breaker (switch) of some sort on the main power lead so that some smart-arse can't haul out your hook, attach it to your towbar, then trigger the control box to wind the cable back in (it WILL do it).

I`m looking at the Runva winches. try Toughtoys they are good guys.

Last edited:
I've got the cheapest one I could get on ebay..$250 delivered (auction win) its a no namer wing wong one...but its a 12000lbs mainly used it for pulling logs and stumps...but big ones that I couldn't tow...never even groans....even when its trying to lift the front of the ute..(not intentional)its dragged my truck out out some nasty bogs and others too...love it but hate the steel cable now its like a curly noodle when unraveled..if I was to get another it will have rope.but for log pulls cable is tough. ...can drag a big stump straight onto a burning fire....just make sure you reel it out and back in again every few months.and check its grease yearly...but that goes for every winch I suppose....as they are all chinese anyway buy one that suits your budget...regular services and it will last years.

Last edited:
Yeah I got a super cheap one, mentioned bcf had a sale on and also mentioned that I had seen them half price before, got mine (ridge ryder) half price 12000lbs with rope, works fine(so far) and great price.

I have a ridge ryde 9500. Picked it up on a boxing day sale about 2 years ago. Never needed it as yet.. Best part with mine kinda is that the control box is so big it can't fit inside the TJM outback bar. So to access the control box you need to pop the hood, making it impossable to mess with my winch. Worried I'm going to get burnt on the radiator when i do need it the:/

I will be getting a runva 11xp winch when it comes time. For $700 with rope its hard to go past. In saying that indo likr the ironmans monster winch and its extra features over other brands. Like the fully sealed unit and breather hose that comes with it.

Rusty

i got a runva 11xp with rope. good winch has had a bit of a workout and seems perform okay.

have you tried Rydge Rider? or even Tigerz11

I bought a tigerz11 for my d22 a 12000lbs hercules with rope
its now in my trol - bang for the buck i say

Latest posts

Back