Whining noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahooody

Reaction score
I have a whining noise coming from my passenger side of my yd2.5 I know for sure it's not my aircon I'm pretty sure it's my altinator wat are the chances of this.

I have a whining noise coming from my passenger side of my yd2.5

sounds to me like you need to get a new woman for the passenger side.:big_smile:

more info mate...front, back, under or enging bay, what revs, gear, accelerating, decelerating...etc...etc
might be the alt but could be the turbo, maybe a belt????????????

It goes up and down with revs it's comin from the front on the engine it with my head in engine bay it sound like its comin from the altinator. Good call on the whining female lol

try a long screwdriver to the bearing housing and your ear if you dont have an auto stethoscope thingy and youl be able to tell if it the alt bearing.
idler pulley bearings go off relatively often if you have one of those...

The pulley bearings have been done recently. I'll try the screw driver thing tomorrow. I let ya know how it goes

The pulley bearings have been done recently. I'll try the screw driver thing tomorrow. I let ya know how it goes

you can usually if they are stuffed also by taking the belt off and spinning the alt by hand

Latest posts

Back