what tyres to get for d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob titan

Reaction score
time to get new tyres. i am not sure what to get.

i have read review after review and narrowed it down to a few choices

Cooper AT3, Hankook RF10, Mickey Thompson stz or BF goodrich AT

26565r17

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

I would say cooper, for the guaruntee, or bf goodrich. A lot of people using the BFs so they cant be bad.

go the hankook

i run the and i get minimal chiping etc for far i have got 30k kms on them and will get probs another 30k really good in the mud dirt on road they are brilliant and for the price they cant be beaten

WRANGELR DURATRAC Mean looking tyre mate, Quite as a mouse on the road and Chunky for the mud holes!

Im running Cooper STMAX, love em. Not as loud as BFG's and sticky as all hell on the road.

I also run the bfg a/t and love them. This is my second set and on a recent trip through the outback I had not one puncture. Pretty good considering my 12 month old shocks couldnt handle it lol. This trip included a lot of really rocky roads for long distances.

Cant find the reciept but pretty sure it was $320 a corner (if my shocking memory serves me right)

Once my originals wore out I went the BFG AT 265/70/17..... Good tyres and extra ground clearance:love sign: About to replace 2 at 65k mainly due to a very poor wheel alignment after a lift and me being a bit lazy and not rotating them sooner.. should get at least another 10 to 15k out of the others.

We bought our navara with goodyear wranglers on it 255/65/17 they have around 50% tread left tehy seem good so far but havent hit any serious mud, and only been in sand on tracks not the beach, considering options for new tyres now wouldnt mind going a little bigger but need to get a 2' lift first, every1 seems to have different opinions but suggestions are welcome would be doin daily duties with weekend fun in mind and the old trip thrown in.

Back