Spanish / European tyres fitted as stranded to D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistol-W

Reaction score
hI again
Great having a read of all that's happening Navara wise on this site (y)
I am trying to find out if Nissan ever fitted 265 75 16" to the D40 range (2007/8),
I live in Spain and the law is very keen on tyre sizes matching the papers, apparently if the manufacture as a size in there rang you can easily get it added to your paperwork.
It's not there "thing" to look it up for you but if you take in which model ect they will help out... for a price ?

Thanks

That's quite a variation from the standard tyres fitted here (255/70R16). On standard tyres the car should turn the wheels 416 times per kilometre travelled, on those tyres you're looking at, only 395 times (original rolling diameter = 2398mm, your chosen tyre = 2525mm).

While that might not seem like a lot, at 2,000rpm my car will be doing 94.2km/h and yours would be doing 111km/h.

I doubt Nissan would go to the tyre size suggested unless they had options for the diff ratios.

Hi & thanks for your input.

My app said 9+% which is within the max of 10%.. On my old Ranger I had much bigger tyres and had a converter on the speedo cable... it seems all cars are now electrical senders...maybe programable ?

There is a site that does speedo clock faces made to compensate...

I was looking for a bit more aggressive tyre and a bit of extra ground clearance.

265 75 16" was the one most used on here with std suspension.

The wheels already look small for the wheel arch so I didn't want to do a lift as they will look even smaller.. without a tyre size increase that is.

There are lots of big tyre 4x4 in the area, I will try asking them what is legally possible as a lot fit what you want and change back for the test then refit them... Pickups in Spain are commercial and as such have to be tested every 6 months... lot of work ??

Any suggestions?

My tyre app gave a 9% differenc which is not too Bad.... this is the size

Last edited by a moderator:
That's quite a variation from the standard tyres fitted here (255/70R16). On standard tyres the car should turn the wheels 416 times per kilometre travelled, on those tyres you're looking at, only 395 times (original rolling diameter = 2398mm, your chosen tyre = 2525mm).

While that might not seem like a lot, at 2,000rpm my car will be doing 94.2km/h and yours would be doing 111km/h.

I doubt Nissan would go to the tyre size suggested unless they had options for the diff ratios.
hmm... the fuel economy though ... given me something to think of here!

hI again
Great having a read of all that's happening Navara wise on this site (y)
I am trying to find out if Nissan ever fitted 265 75 16" to the D40 range (2007/8),
I live in Spain and the law is very keen on tyre sizes matching the papers, apparently if the manufacture as a size in there rang you can easily get it added to your paperwork.
It's not there "thing" to look it up for you but if you take in which model ect they will help out... for a price ?

Thanks
Some draconian tyre rules in Spain, check on tire-size.net, but I think you will find 255 is the only size fitted to a D40 on either the 16" and 17" rims.

Hi there,
I also live in Spain and I'm looking to go the 265 75 16 route as well.
The law here in Spain is a bit hard to live with... How did anyone here in Spain get these papers sorted out ? please..
Truck does look odd with H.D springs and std wheels.
Any advice would be appreciated..

Latest posts

Back