What is this wire for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
I removed my side steps the other day.
When I removed the drivers seat and pulled back the carpet underneath it, I found a little white plug identical to the one that plugs under the seat for the seat belt light. It tee's off the same loom.

Does any one know what it is for?

Re posted as I mistakenly posted this in the D21 section.

Nothing to do with the air bag sensor? Mine unplugged from under the seat but the red light on the dash turned on. The auto elec pulled it out By mistake and he fixed it so I have no idea what it looks like. Just throwin some ideas out there.

Nothing to do with the air bag sensor? Mine unplugged from under the seat but the red light on the dash turned on. The auto elec pulled it out By mistake and he fixed it so I have no idea what it looks like. Just throwin some ideas out there.

There is no airbag on the seat.
When I unplugged my seat belt light (the chime drove me crazy) I got no dash light and no chime yay.
It tees off the same loom as the seat belt plug but too short to reach the passenger side seat belt.

I removed the drivers seat today and as you can see it's the wire still taped to the floor, the other wire runs off the same harness and plugs into the seat belt.
I thought it might be for the other seat but the wire seems too short.

Mine has that.

I think its for a G Sensor as Nissan call it.

Going by the service manual.

Mine has it to no idea what its for and did say as you unplugged seatbelt sensor. best mod ever i hated that buzzer with a passion

You just have to look under the bonnet of any car to see that there are heaps of plugs that aren't connected to anything, this is because the manufacturing companies just pump out the one wiring harness for a variety of similar vehicles in an effort to cut costs. Yours is also wrapped up and neatly tapped back judging by the picture. So if everything is working correctly I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Could be Spare Pre Tension-er Sensor, Heated Seats, Electric Reclined Seats....your best bet it to put a multimeter to it and turn accessories on then start car and turn off and see if you get a reading! If i knew that was there i would have used that for my UHF power!!

I saw that a wile ago to. Had a look in the fuse box and im guessing its for heated seats, as there is a spot for a fuse that says heated seats. Also seen Navara's for sale with heated seats.

if the plug is taped back to the loom. don't worry about it. it could be for some other option that was not fitted to your vehicle at time of manufacture. so you don't need to worry about it.

Latest posts

Back