Vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarzd22

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2010 D22 yd25 and have recently put on a 3" exhorst. Today I noticed that it vibrates a little more than usual only on idle, apart from the incease in vibration it drives perfectly fine. is this normal? Thanks in advance đź‘Ť

Unless the exhaust is touching something I wouldn't be too worried. When I first fitted mine it had a clunk when moving off from a stop, turned out it was way too close to one of the studs that holds the heat shield on under the cab on the left side. I cut it off flush with the nut and never had any more trouble with it. The only other issue I had was occasionally on shut down the tailpipe section would just touch the shackle and make a clunk but not all the time and nothing I could do about it except cut it shorter which I didn't really want to do.

Awesome bods, thanks mate. I also noticed that only on 1st and 2nd gear there is like a metal on metal vibrating sound coming from the passenger footwell as I accelerate, i had a look underneath and I think maybe the flange from the dump pipe to the exhorst is hitting the underneath footwell, there is probably a 5- 10mm gap. would it be that or like you said the heat shield ? what sound did it make when it hit and was it under similar circumstances?

Thanks again mate, puts my mind at ease haha.

yeah / i got the same vehicle with a 3 inch zaust too and ever since it was installed its hit the firewall -the manufacturer did a crap job and has replaced the dump pipe twice / what a pain / cant remember the manufacturers name though // engines just blown a head so i will panel beat the firewall and hopefully that will sort it out

Yer bloody hell man, what a pain in the ass, when it hits the firewall is it really loud in the cab ? also how many Ks have you done before ypu blew the head ? cheers mate

I had an xforce on mine. It was 3" but the back of the dump pipe was bashed in a bit before painting (by them, not me) so on my 2010 it had a fair bit of room to the firewall.

The stud mine was hitting was almost right under the passenger seat. Easiest way to check is lay under there and run your fingers gently along the top of the pipe (gently so if there's not much room you don't bust knuckles). If your fingers can't fit through anywhere, it is too close and will hit. I didn't take any photos of what I did, but from memory it was the rear most stud on the heat shielding under the passengers side.

I did also have to convince the bit of heat shielding at the bottom of the firewall, that runs under the cab, that it needed to make more room, so check that too just in case...

So I had a bit of a play on the weekend and found that it was the flange was just hitting the heat shield under the footwell, so I just tapped that back a bit and all fixed. thanks for the help guys đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back