VDC Light coming on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soap

Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble with the VDC light coming on while driving for no reason? this is happening to me about 3 times a week in all different circumstances, this morning it came on while i was lightly braking other times ill be on cruise control down the highway and then ill notice it on.

Are there any checks i can do for this problem or anyone else had this happen?

Only way i can reset this is to turn the car off and back on again as the button wont work when it pops up on dash.

My car is not modified at all (until next week when its booked in for 2" suspension job)

What about pushing the button????

Do you noticed any different in the feel of the car when the light is on

have you had any wheel alignments or anything mechanical done to your car at all

The button doesn't work when the light comes up, have to turn the ign off

Only thing ive changed was EGR plate 2 days ago but this was happening weeks ago, its slowly coming on more so I hope it comes on and stays on so I can try diagnose.

Been through the manual I downloaded off this site and only VDC info I can find is in the Eng management but that's of no help.

Im getting suspension work done next week so I don't want Nissan to say it was caused by my new suspension when it happened way before. (if the doo warranty for the problem, car is only 8months old

Ger it booked in asap then. It prob a faulty switch in the system. Does the car feel drive any different when the lights on???

No Difference at all to the way it drives but im assuming that ABS etc isnt working while its on so its a bit of a safety issue.

I'm finding that heavy acceleration (not wheel spinning) makes it come on but that was only 2 times out of 5 tests this morning.

Ill take it to Nissan and see what they say

No Difference at all to the way it drives but im assuming that ABS etc isnt working while its on so its a bit of a safety issue.

I'm finding that heavy acceleration (not wheel spinning) makes it come on but that was only 2 times out of 5 tests this morning.

Ill take it to Nissan and see what they say

Yeah nissan should fix it. Sounds like a switch readding in corecctly

I'm experiencing the same with mine - happened at about 700k's on the clock. Time of occurrence is erratic - sometimes after a few minutes of driving other times after about 20 mins, but happens all the time.

The button becomes redundant when it happens.

It's going in for the first service on Friday, I asked Nissan if it was OK to drive until the service and they said its OK.

I'll find out on Friday what the issue is...

can that fault light be caused by dirty wheel speed sensor....just thinking that sensor would be also used for traction control....and abs

if it were a wheel sensor the abs light would be on all the time as well as the slip light, there is a sensor somewhere on the steering aswell it's not on the rack but somewhere on the column it could be that but ,I'm sure if the dealer is switched on they should find it.

I'm experiencing the same with mine - happened at about 700k's on the clock. Time of occurrence is erratic - sometimes after a few minutes of driving other times after about 20 mins, but happens all the time.

The button becomes redundant when it happens.

It's going in for the first service on Friday, I asked Nissan if it was OK to drive until the service and they said its OK.

I'll find out on Friday what the issue is...

Please write back on here how you go as mine wont go for service for another 5 weeks, Nissan said same to me about being ok to drive

can that fault light be caused by dirty wheel speed sensor....just thinking that sensor would be also used for traction control....and abs

I gave my car a good clean last week (first clean in months,my bad) but cleaning the sensor my be a different case if thats correct, ill try have a quick look tonight

First service today, they said it's a 'faulty brake switch', they've ordered a new one and when it arrives they'll notify me to pop round and have it fitted.

Strangely enough the VDC light didn't come on today...

First service today, they said it's a 'faulty brake switch', they've ordered a new one and when it arrives they'll notify me to pop round and have it fitted.

Strangely enough the VDC light didn't come on today...

FYI
My Check Engine Light came on as well as the VDC, looked up fault on OBD and it was brake switch causing Check Eng Light(OBD didnt see any faults stored when it was just the VDC light), took my car to dealer for warranty and they replaced in the brake switch and cleared faults, all good again so far

Latest posts

Back