2014 D40 - VDC and Slip indicator lights come on intermittently

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyshco

Reaction score
Hi All

Having an intermittent issue with my D40. For a little while now I have had an issue with the left rear locking up occassionally at very low speeds. Have take the hub off and inspected and all looks fine, shoes look pretty new. Gave the inside of the hub a sand and the issue went away for a while, but it has now returned.

However more recently I am finding that whilst driving the VDC and Slip Indicator lights will come on and stay on. These will then reset after I've turned off the engine but they will inevitably turn back on again. The engine light has come on twice with the P1805 code for brake switch. I replaced the brake switch the other day, engine light hasn't come back on but the VDC/Slip lights have.

Any suggestions on what the issue might be here? Could it be the left rear wheel speed sensor is cooked?

Last edited:
The ABS rings commonly cause these issues and it's usually the front ones, because the rings are part of the bearing assembly and once the bearing starts to let go and spit out metal shavings with hot grease, this crap accumulates in the teeth of the ABS ring and gives erroneous information to the ABS unit.

Latest posts

Back