Vacuum Hose and Crankshaft Position Sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Outlaw

Reaction score
Headaches continue for this little D40...

Nissan supposedly found the 0335 fault being caused by a heavily corroded main earth, even though I never thought it was.. Anyway I'm not getting that code.. I now get code 0340, which is the Camshaft Position Sensor.. It only seems to be when it's warm - or if I am parked with the nose higher than the tray.. Its as if the oil runs back and "blocks" the sensor? Anyone had this before?

I've had the CPS out and cleaned it, it was covered in oil. I presume this is norm?

Also, while pulling out my intake / intercooler on the weekend I found this.. That's only 1 of the 2 splits/cuts it had in it

This is the hose that run for the drivers side of the engine all the way to a solenoid by the air filter - I assume a vacuum line?

Can CPS error be caused by this? Or is this just a reason why the turbo comes on then seems to wane as the revs increase?

Last edited:
Yes this is a vacuum line.
It runs from the vacuum pump beside the oil filter to the solenoid as you have mentioned.
By having holes in it this will be causing your boost issues.
I wouldn't think it will have any bearing on the CPS but stranger things have happened.
It maybe possible the ECU may be not noticing the boost drop off and adjusting the crank angle to suit which makes it think the sensor is playing up. It's a very long shot but I'll guess you'll find out when you replace the hose.

Latest posts

Back