Tub Liners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuaA910

Reaction score
Hey guys couldnt find anything on topic but keen for a tub liner to prevent damage to tub and cos they stop stuff from slipping round. Trouble is im hearing alot of complaints about tub liners letting stuff into them and holding water in between them in the tub and causing rust. anyone got any first hand experience on this? would getting a tub liner that goes over the lip eliminate the risk? Alternatively whats the go with spray on liners like rhino?

thanks in advance

I had rhino liners sprayed in two of my navara's and cant give the stuff enough raps, it is
super tough, durable, easy to clean (just hit it with some degreaser and the pressure washer and it brand new again), softens the sound, prevents dents and rust, has heaps of GRIP even when WET,
I use my ute for work and you can put a plastic bucket in the back full of tools and drive from syd to ACT and they wont have moved at all in 300km.

Well worth the coin IMO, the first ute was 5yr old and done over 370,000km with it in from day one and it was like new after all that time and kms

I've got a hard liner in mine. I won't do it again - I'll go for a spray-on liner. The hard liner is slippery as anything, wet or dry - you put something in and it slams into all of the walls unless it's tied down (and my mother-in-law hates being tied down, so imagine the ruckus!).

JoshuaA910 i have a brand new Tub liner to suit D40 2013 dual cab for sale $200 a lot cheaper than $800 + for spray on let me know if your interested

I have a tub liner as well and to stop the slip, ended up purchasing a rubber mat to suit the liner, which added another hundred or so bucks to the total cost. Still about half the cost of a decent spray on job.

Having a canopy on my vehicle, no water seems to have gotten under the liner and lifting the edge of the liner, the tub looks in great condition.

Not sure what I would do next time.

If I didn't have a canopy, no way would I have a liner with all the crap that would likely get under it.

I have a standard Nissan tub liner, no rust yet. 2005 STX D40.
But I always have tonneau on.
I dunno if my reply helps...

gday josh

im looking at what to do in my tub currently as well...

if you want a cheaper applied finish liner, look up 'U-pol raptor' I is about $250 for the kit and you can apply it yourself.

I had a tubliner in my falcon bt as the others have said, slippery n all conditions. Alternatively, if you work or live near a building site there is plenty of rubber mat lying around

I have the Nissan plastic tub liner. I can assure you, its purely for looks.

I was going to go for a spray on, but found the rubber mats as previously mentioned on Egay. Quarter of the price and removable.

Did a raptor spray in liner in my two month old d40 two weeks ago. Considering it had only done 5000km I was a little concerned abut taking it on, but it's turned out brilliantly. Honestly, if you have got a lazy day, can access an air compressor, it's worth every bit!

Photos

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391830079.136284.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391830079.136284.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 62
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391830097.103484.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391830097.103484.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391830106.017803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391830106.017803.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I had a spray on liner on my Patrol tray when I bought it, still had to tie things down, was actually more grippy when it was wet strangely enough but not sureif it was genuine Rhino or a copy (bloke said it was Rhino but more elaborate lies have been made up to sell cars!). Would not pay for one.

Have a tub liner and rubber mat in my Nav under the canopy. At least you can remove it if you ever needed to and does the job.

Would go tub liner and mat over spray on job if I had the choice.

Latest posts

Back