Too much oil??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinelli

Reaction score
Hi all,
A general non-Navara question for the brains trust here.
Went to help my Brother in Law whose car (Festiva) was running roughly and blowing large amouts of smoke after he had topped up the oil. Seems he had topped it up by about 4 litres too much! Spark plugs came out covered in oil - it had risen up to the cylinders. Drained off the excess, and the engine is now running and revving smoothly, however is still blowing smoke.

Any idea how long it might take for the excess oil in the cylinders to drain and/or burn off?

Not by me. Couldn't see anything else like this here.

Dave, think she's all good. They came out to dinner two nights ago, and the car was driving fine, and took off without any smoke, so fingers crossed. I'll catch up with them in a couple of days I'm sure.

They're doing me a favour too, taming a puppy that we just can't seem to stop chewing and biting anything in sight, the little bugger.

having too much oil can build up too much oil pressure and blow a seal or gasket, hope it don't though

This was my worry. I was really hoping that they hadn't done any damage, and wasn't doing any more. They're not really in a position to spend money fixing an engine at the moment. I'll see them today - hopefully it's all good now.

Back