The funny/cool video thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That guy's scary but he does seem to know his stuff. Can't fault him technically except when he slipped and said the car had a "electronic diff lock".

Must have been a 550 to glow that quick. I know my plugs take about 5-6 seconds to heat up and according to the manual, they'll stay powered until the coolant is at 85C or more.

As for the revving, yeah 5K held like that is scary, but he's right (for the 550) - the torque begins to peak around the 1600-1700rpm mark but there's no power until much higher up. Trouble for me is that over 4K, the fuel flow rate is really high. I'll go look next time we're out and give it a squirt to see what the LPH figure is at those rpm.

I would really like to know his qualifications.... By the looks of the video tony it's just an stx? I thought it was on te outside of the car at one stage I could be wrong :/

Its a 140kw auto so same as mine.

He is pretty much reading repeating the hand book. It does say about turning car to acc wait for glow plug light to go then turn the car on. In extreamly cold cases the glow plug light does come back on. Most of the time tho the computer puts a load of about 16-17% at Idel till the engine warms up, like a quick warm up switch. And as long as you treat in with care so below 3000rpm she'll be fine to drive stright away....

Free reving well its not he's pushing past the redline so its just burning fuel.

The 2013 STX is a V6 3.0L diesel anyway (two of the D40 high-end models carry the V6 - the STX and the up-specced STX-550). If it were the ST (also in the vid, but parked) it'd be the 140kW 4cyl.

I don't agree with how they changed the model numbers - too confusing, but in 10 years we won't give a hoot.

Published on Apr 22, 2013

In this video, Pete explains the features of the Nissan Navara from an off-road perspective. We took a number of customers to a muddy hill in Christchurch and introduced them to one of New Zealand's top 4WD professionals, Pete Ritchie. Pete showed them the real off-road capabilities of the Nissan Navara ST and ST-X 450 as part of the Cockram Nissan 4x4xFUN event. Our guests could review the Nissan Navara for themselves in a fun offroad environment. Not your typical test drive!

I was going off that. But it could be a typo and ment to be 550

Well, the black car they were in had '450' on the side, so that answers that. Have they changed the bloody thing again? Nissan, what on earth are you doing to us?

Being in new Zealand Tony doesn't mean they are the same as our models, most of their market is jap imports. They would be the same car as ours ( cost alot more too) but badged differently.
It was rather confusing last year when I was over there :s

I remember the dealer talking to my old man when he asked about the 4.2 pootrol they bloke said we can't get them because we don't have anywhere to use them, we have tracks but no serious 4wding I just laughed!

I watched these 2 old guys replace some guttering across the road today
have a look at the scaffold??
crazy, I wouldn't walk on it
they did

uploadfromtaptalk1398902744218.jpg
Sometimes I fear for this world's future generations

Latest posts

Back