Owning a RHD 2.7 Diesel Navara in the USA - Want to exchange tips?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockoD21

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the USA and own a 1994 D21 2.7l Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 -- it's a JDM import but mechanically I believe it is identical to a same-year Navara. Is there anyone else in the USA on here, with one of these? I was thinking we could exchange our maintenance tips in this thread, as to what domestically-available parts crossover and fit? I would like to avoid paying for overseas shipping from Australia or the U.K when I can help it.

Here's what I've found so far:
Front brake rotors and pads are smaller than on the equivalent USA 94 4x4. Navara rotors are 267mm diameter, where the US rotors for same-year 4x4 are 277mm. The pads are smaller as well, but I believe they are identical to the 89 300ZX. I am waiting for parts from Rockauto and will report back soon.

Front brake lines appear to interchange

Shocks and A-Arms appear to interchange

Sway bar end links and bushings interchange. My 4x4 came with a 20mm bar

Outer and inner tie rod ends appear to swap equally with US 4x4 model (same year)

center link / drag link is not interchangeable, even though it's visually the same, because the diameter of the bushing stud is thicker on the size that connects to the steering gear. Either have a shop install the bushings for you, or import your replacement from overseas

Oil filter, the only domestic option I've found so far is Purolator L30257 -- though I have not TRIED it yet. Will edit this when I confirm.

Air filter -- FRAM CA352

Diesel filter -- no luck, I had to order a london taxi filter from eBay UK

Steering Gear -- side-specific, not interchangable. if you need a replacement, one option is to have a domestic USA company rebuild your unit for you.

Idler Arm - side-specific. Order from eBay UK or Australia

I have not figured out belts or glow plug options yet. Any advice on domestic USA options?

Seats and front seatbelts interchange

Please feel free to extend/add to this list..

Thanks

Back