STX 550 Remote locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
How many times do you press the button on the key to unlock your doors?
Mine used to be just once, unlocked all doors, now one press unlocks drivers door, another press unlocks the rest.
Literally happened over night, no reason unless I programmed it to do it by some chance combination of things I did.

Also, dunno if it's related but my dash clock started losing time, not sure when that started though, it's pretty gradual

Rich

My old man's crewman used to have that two stage unlock,used to shit me to tears as a passenger but as a driver it never worried me.

Hey Justdrinks,

I somehow de-programmed my key the other day. Figured I'd done it also by some chance combo! The spare key was fine, I initially thought the battery was dead so did a battery change but no joy. I then googled it and found a tutorial on how to re-programe the key. Works find now.
I'll have to keep an eye on my clock, don't think there is currently any issues, will have a look tomorrow.

To enter the ID code, follow the procedures below:
PROCEDURE
1. Get inside vehicle, close all doors
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than seven times within 10 seconds, when complete a red key symbol will flash.
3. Turn ignition key switch to ‘‘ACC’’ position. (The hazard warning lamps will then flash twice.)
4. Turn ignition key switch to ‘‘OFF’’ and remove the key from the ignition.
5. Push any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamps will then flash twice.)
At this time, the new ID code is entered and all previous ID memory is completely erased.

Rich, I'm sure I found this in my owners' manual - the two-stage locking is an anti-hijacking feature. It's designed to defeat the criminal that tries to enter the vehicle while the driver does. You'll also notice that when the driver door unlocks, the interior lights come on - that's so that you can see any intruder in the car.

The NRMA actually played a significant role in getting motor vehicle manufacturers to implement this. I don't often say a lot of good about them, mostly because they're an insurance company (which rates them just below thieves on the "invite to dinner" list), but I think in this case they got a winner.

I don't know if it can be reversed. Mine has stayed like it since I set it, and my car has had all of its computers reset.

To turn the function off hold both buttons on the remote for 5 seconds and the indicators will flash three times then it is back to normal.

To set the function hold both buttons for 5 seconds and the indicators will flash once and then it will take one push to unlock drivers door and two pushes to unlock all doors.

Thanks fellas, back to normal. God I love this forum.

What a pain in the arse it was carrying an armful of crap then having to sift through pockets to open doors.

Rich

To enter the ID code, follow the procedures below:
PROCEDURE
1. Get inside vehicle, close all doors
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than seven times within 10 seconds, when complete a red key symbol will flash.
3. Turn ignition key switch to ‘‘ACC’’ position. (The hazard warning lamps will then flash twice.)
4. Turn ignition key switch to ‘‘OFF’’ and remove the key from the ignition.
5. Push any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamps will then flash twice.)
At this time, the new ID code is entered and all previous ID memory is completely erased.

Found this old thread on how to reprogram remote. If I reprogram one remote, just changed battery but still not working, will this affect the other remote which is working OK. I don't want to be left with 2 remotes which nee reprogramming.

Latest posts

Back