Central Locking Issues D22 2005

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddzor

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Hope it's okay to post in this section as I'm not entirely sure what the issue is related to.

Just picked up a Nissan D22 2005.

The battery on the unlocking fob were dead, so i replaced the battery. When pressing the unlock button (it is only one button on the remote for lock/ unlock), all indicators flash but nothing unlocks. Could it be that the central locking has been disabled? It seems like it is paired to the car as the indicators come on, just not sure why it isn't unlocking or locking the car. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine.

I follow the step by step guide to try and reset it also - but no luck. This was the guide about inserting the key in and out until the hazards flash (mine didn't flash in the end, so i don't think it was even applicable to my car).

Any help would be appreicated.

Thank you

I am reasonably sure that your model does not have remote central locking.
From the factory the central locking is only key operated using the key when inserted in the door lock and manually turned.
A previous owner has fitted an aftermarket remote central locking receiver.
As boogieboots suggested, insert the key into the door lock and if the central locking works there then you will have to start looking for the remote locking device and find out why that is not functioning, even though you have replaced the battery in the fob there still may be a problem with that.
Happy hunting

Latest posts

Back