Steinbauer D22 2.5CR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR MPH

Reaction score
I have just ordered a Steinbauer Module for my 2012 D22 ST-R 2.5CR I decided to spend the money and play it safe. Will hopefully have results by Monday. I am interested to see the results as the egr will also be blocked :) as well as its 50k service.

Update Pending...

A good way to go. I fitted one to mine a few months ago and am very happy with the results. I also have a bigger exhaust so I wound the pot in the back of the chip up a 1/4 turn and fitted a boost controller. Running 22psi boost at the moment as it seams to be the sweet spot for EGT's and performance.
Cheers

Cheers Navmania. I am interested in your setup, would you recommend a boost controller at the same time? Also any info on your Boost Control Brand/Set-Up? I have heard similar figures from other members for the boost sweet spot.
Cheers.

Cheers Navmania. I am interested in your setup, would you recommend a boost controller at the same time? Also any info on your Boost Control Brand/Set-Up? I have heard similar figures from other members for the boost sweet spot. Cheers.

Yeah mate it's a Turbo Smart boost 'T' plumped inline and the Exhaust is a Beaudesert 2.75 with a straight through muffler. Also running a K&N air filter, EGR jet pipe delete, double row timing chain and a Provent catch can. Future mods will be a water air intercooler and a water meth injection kit and a forfront or other turbo upgrade. Then a good dyno tune with some chip remapping. It's a work in progress.

Cheers.

Hadn't heard of Deleting the EGR Jet Pipe, might be worth looking into :) I like the idea of the upgraded intercooler, that's my next plan after the chip (3 more sleeps) haha. I will have it professionally installed In QLD. What sort of chips are you guys running?
Cheers, Matty.

Blocked EGR valve today and noticed a slight increase in power., a little more
driveable. Definate notice down low in 1st gear hill starts. Chip is installed tomorrow :)

Update Pending...

Blocked EGR valve today and noticed a slight increase in power., a little more driveable. Definate notice down low in 1st gear hill starts. Chip is installed tomorrow :) Update Pending...

I just installed the egr blanket plate last weekend and experience just the same as you describe here. Nice little improvement.

Interested to see how the chip goes.

I just got the Stienbauer Module installed today :) and a 50 thou service. Very happy with the power improvement. It used to have a sweet spot at approx 3.2-3.4 where you could hear the snorkel breathe and feel almost powerband. This has now dropped to 2.8-3.0 with the module installed. It has also fixed the hillstart labour problem previously experienced. Feels like I don't have to press my foot down as much on the throttle (more responsive). Super happy with the results. Would definately recommend this to any1 who has OCD as it has cured mine ��
Cheers, Matty.

Latest posts

Back