spill line mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbigrock

Reaction score
hello to all,can i do this mod without installing a lift pump,did a temperature test of the return line from the pump at idle and got average temperature of 60 c,want to connect the spill to the return side of the pump and add a cooler to the line before it goes back to the tank,yes i know ppl would say that the tank is used for cooling and you should keep adequate amount of fuel to serve that purpose inside the tank,the engine is a zd30,live in the tropics

yes that will work fine. try to have the spill line join the return line after the cooler.

k thanks will do,@ tweake'e what do you mean by join after the cooler,my idea is to have both lines going to one side of the cooler and the other end going back to the tank,is that what you mean.

Last edited:
Hey Coolbigrock,

Did you end up doing this mod? Worth it top reduce fuel temps? Seems like a relatively simple modification to do if there is no negative aspect. Tweake, have you done this as well?

I haven't read much about Navara ZD30 owners doing this (not much on navara asia about it), but I see its common on patrols? It just redirects the spill valve fuel (which I assume is hot as its coming from the injectors?) and directs it back to the tank rather than the pump so you can maintain a cool fuel supply from the tank only? Is that the gist of it?

Cheers,
Shorty

the mod actually came about when the guys where adding lift pumps. the spill line is on the inlet side of the IP and could leak fuel into the engine oil (and blow the turbo/motor) as its now under pressure from the lift pump.
hence the mod to shift to the outlet side of the IP.

it was noted that fuel temps went down a bit when they did the mod as the hot fuel from the injectors is no longer going back through the pump.
however in most case fuel temps havn't been high enough to cause problems unless low on fuel and in hot air temps.

Latest posts

Back