Small town business ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian m

Reaction score
Gday guys,
We are trying to find a small business that will do well in a small town on the coast in victoria (35 minutes from the south australian border)

It doesnt need to be able to make huge $$$ but able to pay a reasonable wage.

Any ideas will be welcomed

Thanks

look at local competition and local services. visit a local accounting firm to get ideas on whats working locally and whats not working. talk to locals as well. id assume your talking around Portland… what can you offer the local based on major infrastructure i.e. / logging/shipping/tourisim.
be weary of your overhead costs and any lease arrangements.
you need to be able to suggest some sort of $$$ your willing to input.. if not a lot..lawn mowing services, if you have a few bucks..depends on your skill set..

You'd be happier doing something that you enjoyed. Meeting demand for a paypacket is one thing, and sometimes that's all you can do because there's no other opportunities, but if you have the chance to look around first before taking the plunge, then your options increase to the point where you stand a chance of doing something you aren't going to hate in 6 months' time and end up regretting.

Yeah, I'm looking around portland.

I currently work around mining , gas and chemical plants. Over the last 20 years we have run small hotels to fabrication and machining services.

The local market is flooded with trade services.

We have a good amount of investment coin as well as time to find the right opportunity.

What works is the hard bit, in the last 3 years we have seen a lot of small businesses go under around here.

Latest posts

Back