• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SLIDERS AND BARS (who is interested)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sliders010-1.jpg

The angle on these can be steeper for the ones that want it.
sliders011-1.jpg

sliders012-1.jpg

These photos show the angle on the D40 and fitted up to Woodys D40

After going over the chassis today we couldn't make the brackets like the D22 ones so we have made a weld on bracket which is drilled and tapped so you can unbolt the sliders off the chassis if need be and to make it legal.

Are sliders illegal? or is it just if they are welded to the chassis that they are illegal i.e. if they simply replace the standard side steps and bolt on/off they are ok?

And while I'm asking questions (sorry if this is not the right section - please let me know if I need to move this) are rear tube bars legal in Queensland? and what about wheel carriers do they need to meet any sorts of standards?

Last edited:
Are sliders illegal? or is it just if they are welded to the chassis that they are illegal i.e. if they simply replace the standard side steps and bolt on/off they are ok?

No sliders are not illegal unless you have curtain airbags.
You cant weld them straight to the chassis but if you can unbolt them off the chassis they are legal as they are an after market bolt on accessory

Scotty I don't know why but your pictures of the finished d22 product posted on the 9 may seem to have gone off photobucket. Any chance of replacing them?

Ta

Will

This is what I have been told because of the sensors but in saying that you can fit them and if you have an accident unbolt them from the car and insurance won't know.
The cops arn't going to pull you over and give you a canary.

Why would sliders be illegal with curtain airbags?

Is there any difference between having sliders vs factory side steps?

Regards Murph

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

that is in Victoria mate.I dont know about other states but the other states pass body lifts with air bagged vehicles so wouldnt be a problam with you guys I wouldnt think.
Factory side steps you could kick off the car I recin so in a smash they will crumble where the sliders wont but a hard enough hit on the side with sliders the air bag will go off because the other car will crumple around them.

Sliders would increase both the maximum G and average G sustained by occupants in a crash where for instance you try to wrap your car around a powerpole sideways.

Too many unknowns with sliders, so the policy is blanket for all vehicles with side impact crumple zones and curtain airbags.

I was talking to ARB a bit back, they said they have to do a whole lot of testing to prove they aren't going to impede the airbags operation, the bloke I was talking to was confident theirs (and I guess all others) would be ok as the airbag isn't going to go off with just a knock anyway, thet are there to protect you from getting T-Boned hard, in which case the slider is too low down to make any difference to the impact anyway

Sliders would increase both the maximum G and average G sustained by occupants in a crash where for instance you try to wrap your car around a powerpole sideways.

Too many unknowns with sliders, so the policy is blanket for all vehicles with side impact crumple zones and curtain airbags.

You wouldnt be able to wrap it around a pole with our sliders Dion,you would cut the post off at the ground and keep driving.LMAO

Had the privelidge of going up to visit Scotty and his mate Travis, and had the sliders fitted yesterday arvo. The welding (as shown in piccys on page 14) was fantastic - and the bars came up really professional looking (would not expect anything less from Scotty).

Also got to talking to them about modding my rear tube bar so i can start thinking about putting the spare wheel on a swing bracket - leaving room for a water tank back where the spare wheel is .... i think that will all be done much later in the year!

Its dangerous going to visit scotty ... keep talking about MORE mods all the time ... Just dont tell my MRS ....

Scotty as soon as i have my bodylift sorted I'm putting an order in, awesome work!! i will pm you soon about a different set of sliders as well! Keep up the good work!

The orders keep rolling in.We neally have another 2 sets done,1 set for doco for his D22 and another D40 set which will be colour coded with aluminium checker plate step.
We then have another 2 sets to do.

After next week after my trip to Newcastle we will start on some prototype rear bars.
We still havnt had a chance to look at the bash plates as yet but we will get there.
Good things take time

Back