• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SLIDERS AND BARS (who is interested)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey scotty all the best in court hope they see how much of a maggot this prick is i still got to get around to takeing photos off the sliders i put some of that skateboard grip
tape on them now just got to work out next mod fingers crossed for ya mate
cheers matt

Hey scotty,

Bar work is looking good mate, those 18's look good on the nav to mate ;)

Just a quick note for you to look into, when welding the chassis plates on the d40's, or anyother car for that fact ive always been told by engineers they need to be plug welded (drill about an inch or so hole in the guts and weld around that) as well as welding around the outside edge

doing it that way should allow any plate welded to the chassis to be engineered

Yrs ago build road cars i always had to do em that way so unless the rules have changed id look into it

cheers sean

Attachments

• notchbracket.jpg
    notchbracket.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 412
  • Steeringboxbrace.jpg
    Steeringboxbrace.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 403
  • sliders007-1.jpg
    sliders007-1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 416
Thanks Sean but as far as I know and the enquiries I have made what we are doing is fine and they dont need to be engineered as they bolt on and off.The others I have seen are like this also.
When we fit them and weld the plates on we tack them on and pre heat the chassis then weld them.If these fall off or rip the chassis apart I will go he

May I throw a spanner in the works and see if you can do the sliders into side rails onto my steel bull bar?

Pix

short answer .... Yes it can be done!

i was talking to Scott about it last sunday for MY navara

That's not a bad idea pix. It would be nice to be able to clamp it onto the alloy bar like set of brush rails. Clamp to bar with done post clamps and ur set. Wonder what they would be worth?

Cheers
Rusty

Yes we can do brush bars guys.We will make them removeable not 1 peice including the side step like other brands so if you damage them you can replace them without having to replace the whole slider aswell.

So clamp onto slider and other end clamps onto any bullbar? Well they are all pretty similar for the d22. Mad idea. Scotty u mentioned back in thread that the slider is sufficient for a step. I was wondering how far the slider came out on the angle? U said u have size 12 foot and u use it as a step Yeh?

I'm been keen as mustard for brush bars and sliders, if you can come up with a price Scotty I'll book in some OT at work.

That OT comes in handy. I'm busy for the next few weekends with family stuff. No OT for me :(. I would like to see the setup on someone's nav just to make sure

I've a mate looking for some for his BT-50 if you have pattern for that?

I'd love some for my D40 too, but airbags sadly

and i have a friend who wants MY type of sliders on his Landcruiser ...

Scott - when u get back from Newcastle, you are going to be one very busy boy!

If the guys are wanting to see how the brush bars work with your fantastic sliders, i dont mind if you want to use my Ute as a ginea pig / sample / work in progress ... i think you get the picture.

hi scotty. i am looking at getting some sliders from you for my D40 ST (thai) but was wanting to know if you could do rear bar set up like bosshog is running?. i was looking at some of his pics and noticed his rear bars go above his haymen reese then rap around the side gaurds, which is exactly what i have been looking for because i was a dumb ass and got a haymen reese instead of a combination step and tow bar. now i want to work something out so i can keep the dam thing.
let us know what you think. cheers. nath

G'day guys I havnt had a chance to really get on here since getting back from Newcastle and I'm off on a VNOG trip for 4 days up the high country but I will answer everybody's questions when I get back

hi scotty. i am looking at getting some sliders from you for my D40 ST (thai) but was wanting to know if you could do rear bar set up like bosshog is running?. i was looking at some of his pics and noticed his rear bars go above his haymen reese then rap around the side gaurds, which is exactly what i have been looking for because i was a dumb ass and got a haymen reese instead of a combination step and tow bar. now i want to work something out so i can keep the dam thing.
let us know what you think. cheers. nath

Nathan

a quick answer for you ... Scott can do what you ask ... but i'll ask you - how low does your hayman reece bar hang below the car, and do you get hung up on it with a poor departure angle?

I was, so i bit the bullet and got rid of mine, and got a combo step bar - which improved the departure height by 100mm. I might touch slightly from time to time at the rear, but not longer thump the ground taking out huge gouges.

thanks for the reply woody. i see what your saying and yes i have been seen leaving trenches from time to time. im not sure of the exact height of the hayman reese but its just a standard bar if that means anything. the only reason i was keen to copy bosshog's bar was how it sat under the tail gate and also how the two bars rap around the side of the tub. having said that i just had a peak in your garage and looked at your rear bar and it also sits nice and high. unlike the ARB ones i have looked at. (they work out to be the same height as my haymen reese)
can i ask who made your bar? and can you get them with the bars that come around the guards?

anyway i do agree with what your saying and will have to have a chat with scotty and see what we can work out.
thanks again. Nath

Back