Should Clarke have kept betting for the record.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Clarke have gone for the record?

• No, It was a selfless act to declare.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Yes, That record would have stood for years.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • ??, Who the hell is Clarke, what the hell is Cricket?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Woohoo first vote!!

Although I don't think it was a selfless act to declare.

Beating Don's record would have as much kudos attached to it as not beating it.

He could have gone out next ball but hitting the sheds with a N/O beside his name does more for him than anything else. I just hope for his sake he doesn't ruin it by not following up next match.

Was reading the innings review in yesterday paper. 329 runs, 39 fours and 1 six. That's a total of 162 runs from the boundary which means the poor bugger ran up and down that pitch 167 times and that doesn't include the times he ran up and down when his opposite hit the ball. They reckon he ran 9ks in that 10 hour stint, that's not an effort I'd be willing to try and achieve.

And a bare lump of willow which I'm betting wont be bare for much longer.

i think Clarke pulled himself together in that game. i dont mind him adn i reckon he's gonna do same if not better job then Ponting. i reckon he should of gone for the 400, but who knows if he would of gotten there. it was a home game for him in front of a massive crowd with all the other bits and pieces on top of it. would of been a game to remember. as stated before i hope he doesnt ruin it but not pulling his finger out in the next innings and getting another few centuries.

Rusty

bloody oath he should have batted on,it wasnt a long way to go and it wouldnt have made any difference to the team..
you dont get that close to a record very often so he should have got his name in the books.

Was reading the innings review in yesterday paper. 329 runs, 39 fours and 1 six. That's a total of 162 runs from the boundary which means the poor bugger ran up and down that pitch 167 times and that doesn't include the times he ran up and down when his opposite hit the ball. They reckon he ran 9ks in that 10 hour stint, that's not an effort I'd be willing to try and achieve.

it was a fantastic effort but in the end he's just doing his job - bearing in mind he's paid over a million dollars a year to do that - In the big scheme of things (I think) professional athletes have a pretty good life.

I still wouldn't run that far for a million dollars.

As for the record, it's a double edged sword, sure another few runs and he'd have caught Don and Mark's score but a few more than that and he'd have beaten someone else, then a few more than that was someone elses score, when does she stop? He still had a long way to go for an all time record atleast this way hes left the field without being dismissed.

I had instant regrets after i posted about the wording of the first question.

Should have put something like. No, glad he quit while he was ahead.

Want it changed ?

I can do it, if you still would prefer it worded that way.

I still wouldn't run that far for a million dollars.
I would! A million bucks is a bit of money!

If he'd kept going for a little longer, I think it would of been good for Australian Cricket. We've had a fairly bad rap for a while (Kiwi's, anyone?), it could of been that little boost the game needed again.

Latest posts

Back