Starting Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCN

Reaction score
Hi Brains trust, i have a intermittent starting issue, interested to know if anyone has had similar or knows a fix?
YD25 2005
on occasions I will glow to start, however i can hear the thermal fan kick in and engine will turn over but not fire, turn key to off try again thermal fan does not kick in and engine fires up, some days it wont occur at all and other occasions I would need to try a few times, more often than not on a cold start.
the aircon is off and nothing else electrical is on at the time.
Thanks

I don't recall this issue before. I'd almost suspect the ECU's earth wasn't good causing it to be random, except it's so specifically random it could actually be damage to the loom somewhere - I'd actually look around the glow relay (behind the battery) - was the cabling damaged or crushed when a battery was changed?

You could also check the plug on the fuel rail pressure sensor, remove it, spray with contact cleaner and plug it back in. Mine started doing the same thing as yours and progressively got worse over time, to the point where it started doing all sorts of weird things ending up in limp mode. After years of trouble shooting, that was the fix.

Latest posts

Back