Shorter exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
How do you like this exhaust?
I was thinking instead of going bigger going shorter, what do you think?

Attachments

• 340757_229779527072094_1046497868_o.jpg
    340757_229779527072094_1046497868_o.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 302
Legalities would be another one to look at. I know it qld it must exit the rear of the vehicle behind the rear axle or something. If it didn't have to I would of had mine shortened way back. Just means everything would be covered in diesel soot from that point on

It has to finish behind the last body seam, I'm guessing the D40 is similar to the D22/21, in that the last seam is at the rear firewall. So if the exhaust passes that, and points rearwards, it's fine.

ummm... i bent mine on the weekend trying to reverse out of a mudhole and had to cut it off just after the muffler before the axle, and ive lost torque.... are you sure you want it shorter?

ummm... i bent mine on the weekend trying to reverse out of a mudhole and had to cut it off just after the muffler before the axle, and ive lost torque.... are you sure you want it shorter?

I also lost torque when I had it dump at the passenger doors

I have mine dumping just out behind the passenger door. adds abit of a note but larger would certainly be better

Thanks guys, I was just after some feedback the picture is from Mtrux is not my nav.
Well it looks like I'm not cutting my exhaust.
Cheers

like a petrol "tuned length" diesel sometime need right amount pipe as well,i found mine needed infront of the axle so have normal length straight through standard size

Not really sure why any of you lost enough torque to pick it up on the pants dyno, organ pipe theory isn't really applicable with a turbo charger in the way, must be something else at play.

I have standard pipe shortened and dumping out the side just after the cab on a single cab. no mufflers on it. high flow cat in the dump pipe similar set up to standard but better cat. adds a slight noice but no noticible gain in power. Adding 3 inch full length system in a week. hopefully that does. :) i can upload pics of my current set up if anyone is curious

sounds good man. The reason i ask is a mate wants to know if he can unbolt his standard exhaust off right back near the gearbox/middle exhaust hanger. I said probly my old rodeo exhaust got crushed and taken off it finished about the same place and i left it like it for 6 yrs lol. Im lazy yes:) I just wanted to make sure for him that it wont increase the boost and hes worried about egts which i cant see being an issue.

so we ripped his zorst off right back up near the gear box :/ i reckon it has more torque and powa might be an illusion. it doesnt really whistle which was expected something unexpected but it gets a high pitch squell at about 2800rpm if you accelerate moderatly. if you sink the boot in its not there and if you baby it there is no noise :? any idea what it is. think were gonna throw it back on as it doesnt sound right at all.
makes me wonder if it needs some back pressure but wouldnt think so being turboed.
any ideas anyone apart from my idea of not being a tightwad and puttin proper zorst on lol

so we ripped his zorst off right back up near the gear box :/ i reckon it has more torque and powa might be an illusion. it doesnt really whistle which was expected something unexpected but it gets a high pitch squell at about 2800rpm if you accelerate moderatly. if you sink the boot in its not there and if you baby it there is no noise :? any idea what it is. think were gonna throw it back on as it doesnt sound right at all.
makes me wonder if it needs some back pressure but wouldnt think so being turboed.
any ideas anyone apart from my idea of not being a tightwad and puttin proper zorst on lol

I did the same thing with my exhaust. I also got the loud whistle revving it up near 3000. If you disconnect it after the small muffler before the massive muffler you get a different, less harsh sounding whistle.

I bolted it all back together after those "tests" and now I'm half way through making my 3inch. As new pieces go on the sound changes a fair bit. Nearly done now, it's level with the start of the tub.

yeah did a bit of googling and found the noise to be common when mufflers removed. im just gonna make a 3" peice from ther back for now and do the front half of the exhaust when I get a chance

Latest posts

Back