Seat belt (driver side)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Besty

Reaction score
How involved is it to replace the driver side seatbelt in a D40 or is it possible to retension the recline mechanism as the belt wont recoil all the way?

Dunno about retensioning it I guess it wouldn't be that hard once you pull the belt out, they aren't overly engineered pieces of technology.

Pulling them out is fairly simple. From memory (if it's wrong shoot me)

Remove the plastic sill panel and door rubber from both the front and rear door, or atleast lift them up enough to free the plastic panel that runs up the B pillar. They just clip in but be careful not to damage them.

Remove the both sections of B pillar panel and door seal rubber, the top section may only need to be lifted in a few locations to allow a hand up the pillar.

Remove the bottom bolt holding the belt in and remove any screws/bolts holding the mechanism in and pull out.

I guess you might be able to tension the retractor without completely removing it but it might be fiddly.

let me know how you go retensioning it Besty mine is always getting smashed in the door from not reeling itself all the way in.

Do they have seatbely pre tensioners???? if so be carfull disconnect the battery as you dont want to set of air bags...

I brought this up with nissan as from new mine didnt retract. And they said it's normal...

Love to know how this can be fixed.

Rub the muck off the top pulley(?) guide thingy, it get's a build up of sticky nylon plastic gunk on the underside of the belt making it hard to slide through the slot.

There is a Nissan kit which consists of a cleaning wire (to clean out the D on the top slide) and some stuff like clear contact to help it slide through the top slide easier.
For about $15 not a bad investment. Doesn't always fix it completely but 95% of the time makes it mich better.

Thanks for the feed back. $85 for a replacement belt, however mine has a airbag fitting which then put the price to $378. I have clean the old but not much better. I'm prepared to toss the belt back onto the seat as $378 can buy a few slabs. Cheers

Latest posts

Back