ScangaugeE vs Scangauge II

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the E is newer, has a few extra colours, a few extra readings and a "green" feature. The old man's just got one for the BT50 and he says it even has a graph of some sort but I can't confirm that since he pissed off up the coast almost immediately after getting the new ute.

Found it!

feature-comparison-matrix1.png

Well there ya go, there is no X-gauge, like I say I haven't seen the old mans running but it's got a few extra bots, just a matter of whether you sue them or not.

Bare in mind it's not "real-time" it's a reading every 2 or 3 seconds, yes it's close to real time but if you keep thinking that it's genuine real time the moments where you see the figures go from 10lph to 3lph then skyrocket to 25lph when you barely move your foot you will go batshit trying to figure out how to change your driving habits.

They are a good tool, I don't believe they promote economical driving the way their website and manual says they do because I don't believe anyone is that finite with their throttle control but there is no doubt it's a good guide and the averages over the entire tank are as accurate as the person who set up the gauge.

If nothing else the accurate speedo reading give the missus something to comment on if you are a lead foot and she likes telling you off for going over the limit. The water temp isn't bad to have under some conditions and for trips like you are about to do across the country the "fuel to empty" (once again when set up right) is invaluable especially if you have your favourite stops across the Nullarbor like I do.

Might just get the E version. Not into drag racing so i don't need performance. Don't give a rats ass about horsepower.

Just want realtime fuel and trip. And codes..

doesnt show HP anyway...misleading advertising if you dont read the fineprint

I'm still waiting for them to add Oil Pressure:devil:

My old man asked me why I didn't get mine upgraded when he saw the software version of mine compared to his new one. As I told him the day these guys make a unit that can be upgraded at home by the customer and doesn't need to be sent back I'll consider a software update viable but while they want the unit back the current features are more than adequate for me.

There is a whole list of added guages/ features that can be done at home, and I have added a few of them,
BUT
they dont work with the '22.

99% of the added guages only work with the yank vehicles.

I haven't bothered with X gauges because like Biscuits I only wanted the standard features and had it been around at the time an "E" probably would have suited me since it doesn't have the extras, but looking at the actual firware update and the change logs I don't reckon anything much was on offer for the cost and the inconvenience that sending it back would have incurred. Had it been upgraded by home PC even for a fee I would have considered it.

SG is an american product and as such they are focused on american cars. The sellers here while they do offer local support they do very little of the software writing from what I can gather and as such Aussie spec'd cars won't be a priority.

OK,
mine was the with the newer firmware when i bought it.

While I'm not fussed about all the supposed perf gauges, though it would be nice to have at least the option of using them:rant:,
I would've been content if there was an Oil Press guage.

There's been 4 firmware updates since I got mine, I've only been notified of one of them. I think if I was going to require more from an ODBII tool I'd research longer and harder. The edition of proTools I have does the works (although it's 2 years old now) and I could use the USB port off my tablet GPS toy but in the end I decided it's just not worth it for what I want to know.

Well both mine and dads arrived in two days, Dad even stuffed his order up and ordered 2 of them (don't ask just accept computers and old people don't always match) and they rang him to question the 2 cc transactions got the answer they wanted and still got it to him in 2 days, so you should be ok.

Usually takes the post an extra day to get to our mail center than a further day to get shit to us but Ample still came through both times for us so keep thinking positive.

Gee I feel so relieved :ha:

Now you have to set it up by doing all the right parameters and running through two tank fulls. It shouldn't be that far out until you get it calibrated but you might not be able to take all the fuel figures as gospel until it's set up. Once you have it set up though it should be fairly accurate.

Latest posts

Back