SAAS gauge reading high

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaelandenys

Reaction score
Hey all,

just recently installed a SAAS boost gauge to my d40 and its reading super high, like further than the numbers reach high. It does the whole buzzing thing which I know you can fix with a restrictor, but I was just curious as to whether the high reading was a part of that or something different.
It’s plumbed up to the sensor on the drivers side of the intercooler also.

cheers

Hey all,

just recently installed a SAAS boost gauge to my d40 and its reading super high, like further than the numbers reach high. It does the whole buzzing thing which I know you can fix with a restrictor, but I was just curious as to whether the high reading was a part of that or something different.
It’s plumbed up to the sensor on the drivers side of the intercooler also.

cheers

On the cold side?

it shouldn't make a difference, boost pressure is boost pressure, it shouldn't make it go 'higher'.

Either your turbo is running off it's tits or the gauge is broken.. being SAAS and it being more than likely from Supercheap on a catalogue sale, I'd say it's the gauge.

Go return it and get a Turbosmart gauge instead.

I have a cheap android deck in the car, Torque Pro and a $10 OBDII adaptor.. can check my Boost, Water Temp, Voltage etc all on the fly and accurate through the ECU.

Latest posts

Back