Ride comfort

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22nav

Reaction score
Quick question for all you guys with suspension mods, I have a 2012 plate d22 and looking at doing a 2 inch lift. Just want to know if upgrading shocks and springs with some decent quality items really improves the ride comfort as the standard set up is about as comfortable as a set of skate board trucks ??

the upgrade is worth its weight in gold mate. Zordo did my lift for me, EFS comfort leafs with greasable shackles, Ironman torsion bars and Rancho XL 9000 shocks and its great, also got the body lift

plus one for zordo
i went efs kit also but have changed front shocks to bilstein for the cape trip
factory suspension is shit

+2 for Zordo. What the man doesn't know about 4wd suspension probably isn't worth knowing anyway. Plus, he will give you unlimited support and advice when you purchase with him. I installed one of his a body lifts last year. I must of called the bloke about 10 times for advice. Talked me through everything.

Another happy Zordo customer here. I changed my gear out for another brand cause I had a change of heart. Also have one of his body lift kits. My bro also had his patrol lifted by Zordo and once again received great service.

Sounds like I should do it , was thinking about ordering in som calmini upper control arms but I haven't really decided on what brand springs and shocks . My misses drives it daily so want a set up that's good on and of road . I can do the suspension up grade my self that's no worries but I was wondering if there is much work involved in doing a body lift ?

Have ordered calmini uca's and a idler arm brace, found calmini great to deal with...
Thinking of going rancho 9000 adjustable's front and rear just waiting on a price from the states. Still undecided on springs and toursion bars yet.

Ive got the Rancho 9000's, there a good shock but I dont no if id bother with adjustables next time...... you should get a price off of Zordo for a whole kit as you will need new torsion bars as well and if you spend over 1000 in the states it can get costly to bring it in

I hummed and harred over Rancho adjustable's VS Bilstein's.

After speaking with a lot of people including Zordo, local 4x4 shops - I'm very very glad I went with the better quality product. Bilstein. Even though not adjustable and still cost more then the 9000's they are a far superior shock, completely rebuildable in the future and have an unmatched ride quality.

I currently have a full 2" Ironman kit it mine and not real happy with the comfort of the ride. I'm now thinking of changing the shocks over to the ranchos or bilstein's..

Would that be the best way to go??

Ive got the Rancho 9000's, there a good shock but I dont no if id bother with adjustables next time...... you should get a price off of Zordo for a whole kit as you will need new torsion bars as well and if you spend over 1000 in the states it can get costly to bring it in

2 x calmini upper control arms and idler arm delivered $600 aus , rancho 9000 shocks $91 usd each compared to $185 each here , will have price with freight for the shocks in the morning. Blown away by the service of these guys in the states , had 3 emails this morning from the guy on the shocks so he could confirm he had everything correct. He advised me on compressed and extended lengths mount ends the lot . Very impressed

Latest posts

Back