Replacing the diesel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kernels

Reaction score
Hi guys, just ordered a set of filters for the Navara, can someone post a few lines regarding changing the fuel filter please.

I assume it goes like this:

1 .Start by draining the diesel in the filter from the little tap on the bottom
2 Unscrew the old filter
3 Remove the threaded part from the bottom (unplug from loom first)
4 thread bottom part onto new filter
5 fill filter with diesel
6 screw new filter into place
7 connect plug back to loom

Do I have to drop the old filter to the bottom to get it out or will it come out the top ?

you can't drain filter out the little tap.
DO NOT TOUCH little tap. that can cause problems.

my advice is to clamp off the incoming fuel line (there is special pliers for this, tho pulling the hose off and folding it back works ok if your quick) before undoing anything. this stops fuel goign back to tank and makes priming a whole lot easier.

filling new filter with diesel helps but not many people have a can of diesel around.
most just fit the filter, connect incoming fuel line on, pump the primer untill fuel comes out the filter outlet, fit outgoing fuel hose on.

Went in supercheap auto to check out the price on a ryco fuel filter for 2012,D40 $112 I nearly fell over

I've managed to get an original oil, air and fuel filter for NZD160 delivered from a Nissan dealer here.

non genuine filters can cause problems. if u think u nearly fell over at that price, wait till u see the price of a genuine
So most or all you guys use Nissan filters?, I know ryco is a good brand and most Patrol guys will use genuine or ryco

Lube O-rings with diesel before refitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back