Provent catch can installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filter change in provent 200 is around 80000-100000 depending on how much oil you drain out each service u do. So really ur spending $10 at each 10000 service for this filter. I'd rather pay that then pay for new pipes intercooler etc that goes with it.

Hutchstr how you goin with your catch can install??? I think I'm gonna stick mine between fuel filter and airbox.

mate i am about to see if anyone wants to buy it, it just seems to be too hard!
The only place i can see it fit needs to have a special bracket made to mount it...

so the catch can is basically just a tin with a filter for the oil line from the Motor to the air intake.. Yeh?

Installing on the weekend... Will get a pic or 2...

so the catch can is basically just a tin with a filter for the oil line from the Motor to the air intake.. Yeh?

Installing on the weekend... Will get a pic or 2...

Yep, there piss easy to install.

Dave.

Type of hoses.

Just a quickie, Just ordered my catch can off fleabay and was wondering what type of hoses and sizes you need? What size hoses have you guys used?

Thanks in advance

Brett

hi bryant,i used the proper oil resistant hose,i have a calibre catch can but the inlet and outlet fittings that came with it were pretty pissy alloy so i got some brass ones to replace them.

cheers gazza, will have a look around. Pretty limited to shops to purchase from here so most probably have to order hoses online. Will wait and see what it comes with anyhow. There was a option to buy the catch can with hoses, but for $300 instead of $170. Pretty sure i will be able to get some fittings/hoses for under $130 :D :D

Brett

hi bryant, with the fittings the ones that came with mine only had a 8mm hole,so i got ones to suit a hose the same size as the standard pcv pipe,must be a pretty good can your getting buy the sounds of it,how's hedland going i worked at cape lambert a couple of years ago.

ah roger roger, cheers gazza. Guess i will wait and see what the pack comes with.

Yeah mate Hedland is the same shithole it was 10years ago, just more people! Just gearing up for the first cyclone of the season, here is hoping i can get a new paint job compliments of the insurance company :D

Brett

Just a few pics of the way I installed my Provent 200.
Used WOZNME's (I think) idea of mounting to the air fliter housing as I may need the extra room around the fuel filter for other things.
As others have discussed there is a bit of stuffing around to get the hoses to fit the 25mm barbs on the Provent. Hope this is of some help to others.
Hi there Reddog - that is one cool dog. I have one too and she is as good looking as yours. About your Navara - I am about to fit a Provent catchcan. Where did you get the elbows and what are they made of? Are they PVC or something else? I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Kel

Just thought I'd put up an alternate place to install a Provent 200 on a 2009 2.5 CRD.

All up it cost me $175 for the catch can and $55 in hoses, clamps, reducers & an off cut of aluminium. (1hr all up to fit)

I ran the hoses over the intake hose and next to the radiator to come out the front of the radiator so it sits snug and out of the way just under the front grill.

Just wasn't to keen mounting mine next to my dump pipe due to possible heat issues.

See attached photos.

Cheers

Attachments

• Provent 111.jpg
    Provent 111.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Provent 112.jpg
    Provent 112.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Provent 113.jpg
    Provent 113.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Provent 114.jpg
    Provent 114.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 271
Just thought I'd put up an alternate place to install a Provent 200 on a 2009 2.5 CRD.

All up it cost me $175 for the catch can and $55 in hoses, clamps, reducers & an off cut of aluminium. (1hr all up to fit)

I ran the hoses over the intake hose and next to the radiator to come out the front of the radiator so it sits snug and out of the way just under the front grill.

Just wasn't to keen mounting mine next to my dump pipe due to possible heat issues.

See attached photos.

Cheers

Nice,

I was looking to do the same but ended up fitting a snorkel and removed the precleaner. Made a new bracket and it will now sit where the precleaner was. Hopefully have a it finished tomorrow night, will post pics.

Where did you get your hose from? I got some from Enzed but its bloody heavy duty stuff, thick hose! Going to try and get some more tonight.

Also how did you step down from the 25mm to 16mm? The bloke at Ezed brazed two barbed connections together for me but i would prefer to do it another way so i can cut down the number of hose clamps needed. Was looking at reducing hose custom made in england, but it was going to take a month to get the oil resistant stuff, still might do it.

Prick of a size for fittings 25mm down to 16mm!

Pete

Hey Pete,

Nice, would be good to see your pics...

I just grabbed some oil return hose from the local hardware, it doesn't need to be anything special as it's not under pressure and only has a small amount of oil going through it.

I used these reducers below, slid them straight on to the catch can so there hidden with the clamps. Yeah they were a prick of a size to find.....

AeroFLEX Reducer 25-16mm 1.00-0.70" Silicone Hose | eBay

I just used some water suction hose for the drain pipe to - about $4

Where is the reducing hose mob in England? Have you got a link?

Cheers

Adam

Hey, i was going to order through these guys on ebay;

SAMCO 25MM - 16MM OIL RESISTANT STRAIGHT REDUCER | eBay

Samco Sport Wesite;

http://www.samcosport.com/row/rp_fluoro_hoses.asp

Only reason i was going to use these ones is they are lined so they can be used with oil/diesel. Not many of the other silicon hoses are.

Will check out some hardware places tonght. Just want the 5/8" hose to be the same OD diameter as the standard one. The hose i got is like you said, for higher pressure stuff, its not needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back