Professional Painters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey all

Recently purchased my first home (yay). After 18months of looking we have finslly got a house. Before we do the big move id like to give it a coat of love and freshen it up. Plus get rid of the yellow walls. Interior colours are chosen and i just need some advice on paint brands and quality.

Initially i was going to get Dulux as work have trade cards for these guys and we get good discounts apparently. But heard a few shocker stories on the quality of paint. Was planning on using the Wash and Wear on walls, aqua enamel on archs, skirtings. What do i use on doors and ceiling.

Now i have changed my mind to Taubmans. Using Endure for walls, endure gloss for archs, skirting. Again what do i use for doors? Talking to a few mate painters and they rate the taubmans very highly, but have told me to just use the Tradex stuff not the endure on all walls amd ceilings. Thoughts? Plus the colour the wife likes is a taubmans colour.

Now the biggest confusion. Apparently according to paint places i will need to use a special kitchrn and bathroom paint for all walls and ceilings in these areas as it contains some anti badterial mildew resisitant stuff. Correct or are the pulling my leg?

Rusty

just make sure you use a saturn or semi gloss paint on the ceilings for the wet areas ; eg; bathroom / laundry / toilet. [ not a flat finish ]

We're going to be painting our new house soon, the plan is to use a satin acrylic on the walls and ceiling, and a semi-gloss enamel on the trims and doors because of the extra wear these get.

The bathrooms are both getting vented exhaust fans (I'm directing the outlets to roof vents so the moisture is drawn to the outside). The kitchen is getting a 1200mm rangehood over the new stove. Hopefully these will avoid any nasties with the paint. Since the living area has a cathedral ceiling, I don't want to be up there every few months!

^ what jonney said. And the guys at the paint shop are'nt bullshitting you.

Also consider getting professional painters in. I've painted two houses recently, and the time it takes to do is way more than you would expect, and would have almost been cheaper to pay someone else to do it. I ****ing hate painting.

X2 on getting painters in. I'm a chippy like you rusty and my dads a painter so I appreciate the differance in quality from what I can do compared to the old boy. If you had the spare few grand it would totally be worth it. Although I know money is tight at these times. Congrats on the purchase rusty it's pretty exciting, my first house that I've been building for the last 10 weeks is handing over on the 12th of June, I can't bloody wait.

-Tyler

Thanks all.

I will be having a mate painting all the ceilings so I will be leaving that bit up to him as I'd rather not stuff my neck staring at a ceiling all day lol.

I'll have to get quotes on others doing it just to see what pricing is like.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back