Prefilter do we need it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve4wdin

Reaction score
D22 3L. If you fit a snorkel and fit filters(as seen on ebay) in the snorkel, can you get rid of the prefilter?. If you can do this move the fuel filter to drivers side, than there should be enough room for dual battery under the bonnet Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

some snorkels remove the pre filter. depending on pipes used there can be enough room for a 2nd battery behind the light. that way not need to move fuel filter.

just be careful with adding extra air filters. some vehicles run fine but i know of a few who starve of air with dual filters. a lot of the pre filters reduce the airflow to much.

i used the unifilter pre filter in the snorkle up the cape and it was fine.
has anyone removed the prefilter that has the standard nissan snorkle?
cause id like to remove mine but i dont know what pipes to use and how to do it.

A old school mate of mine has a YD25 powered D22, so over the weekend I am gonna catch up with him and measure up the YD25 intake to see if I can use the parts off them.

Dave.

Na not yet, I have the kit but haven't had time to install it.

Plus my ideas changed on how I wanna do it.

Dave.

I use unifilter prefilters whenever I go offroad. The amount of dirt that collects here is amazing, not much at all gets down to the main filter.

Back