Predator HID Upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Reaction score
HI Guys,

I received my Predator 55w 4300k HID kits in the post yesterday and fitted the lights up last night.

The kits are excellent and have simple enough instructions. I upgraded three Hella Rallye 4000's (2 x Spread and 1 x Pencil).

It took me about 40 minutes going slowly to do the first light, and then about 10 minutes each for the other two. Everything went together as per the instructions and worked first time. Pretty much idiot resistant (nothing is idiot PROOF).

I went out to the bush to align and test the new lights. Wow! Excellent results, very happy with the light from these, nice bright white light which flooded the road ahead with plenty of distance and a wide peripheral spread as well.

I'll get some photo's soon and put em up. If anyone is keen on doing the mod to their lights, search for Predator Performance lighting on E-Bay. My kit was more expensive than my mates cheapy kit, but the quality is much better on my kit.

Happy driver!

DJ

I love my HID's, no plans on going back to normal lights.

Saved me last night from hitting a wombat last night.

Dave.

Thanks for the advice!

Im looking at upgrading my headlights, but 255 plus 20 postage for 35w globes is pretty expensive compared to other ebay sellers. I guess its a case of you get what you pay for!

How much better are they than your mates? Are they exactly the same? Wattage colour ie 600k etc?

Hi Gshannon,

The quality of the fittings, wiring and ballasts were the main differences. My kit had slimline ballasts about the size of a pack of smokes but only half as thick. Globes looked same. All wiring was high quality silicone leads and waterproof plugs and connectors on all joins.

As I said, very impressed with the quality. My lights were only $205 ea +$20 for freight.

Cheers,

DJ

Latest posts

Back