Power chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennett

Reaction score
So I see a lot of these power chips coming up for sale is there a reason for it, are they good or not good, I was looking at getting one apparently has two settings power and economy are they worth while or not?

Few blokes on here have purchased them through arb
or you can visit steinbaers website

There is a company in the u.k...DTE they do rail chips also do injector modules..worth a look and read up as the price diffrence is quite bug..check the u.k forum for reviews.

How do u find the steinbaeur sparra ? Thinking I might go down that road myself soon won't be getting another pressure chip again as I can't see nissan replacing two fuel rails on my car in one year lol

Did your rail have a issue with a chip in the past?

Yep too much fuel was told buy nissan it was more then ten times to much fuel I might be wrong in saying it like this but if my fuel rail with a chip normally runs at 20000psi mine was putting out a reading of 200000 ! or so I was told. just started playing up, drove it to nissan to get it looked at and on the way it just made a big pop and blew black smoke out off the back like u would not beleave I'm not a mechanic so ill never know for sure what the real cause was but it was put down to chip failure !id say that would be passing the buck abit to but. Good service history help with warranty thankfully so this time I want to make the right choice.

What chip was that mate

Sorry mate I more ment are u happy with its so far ? it's eather going to be that or chip it. Would just really like some peace of mind this time that its not going to brake ! Did u get reasonable results out off it.

sorry mate
i havent got one yet
something always seems to pop up
i will be getting one shortly
i dont like rail chips cause ive read about and personally seen the damage they can do, i also believe for over $1000 they are complete rip off,its old technology,polished up and presented as a cure all
have a read through this and other forums and you will see the issues people have with them
there are also certain so called "companies" selling fuel rail chips that have terrible after sales service
an injector extend chip(steinbaeur) simply holds the injector open a little longer at the right time to deliver more fuel
steinbaeur dont claim to have the same gains as rail chips
ime fine with that,ide prefer engine life over engine failure any day
there are guys out there that are happy with rail chips
these are just my opinions
goodluck
cheers

Latest posts

Back