Position for Provent 200 Catch can in 2002 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought a Provent 200 style catch can from Western Filters for my 2002 D22 but I didn't realise how big they were. I've looked through as many catch can threads as I can but can't find where people are putting them on a D22 (plenty of pics for the D40's).

I've attached a picture of me holding it where I think it could possibly go but it would need to be attached to the hot pipe to the intercooler which probably isn't ideal?

Any ideas / pics / pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Attachments

• provent200_placement.jpg
    provent200_placement.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 422
Scott this is probably no help to you because mine isnt a Provent but i made a bracket and mounted mine on the two bolts that hold the fuel filter . it sits between filter and gaurd.

Scott this is probably no help to you because mine isnt a Provent but i made a bracket and mounted mine on the two bolts that hold the fuel filter . it sits between filter and gaurd.

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the help, sounds like a good idea but my windscreen wiper reservoir sits between filter and guard, is that non-standard? Will try and take a picture tomorrow.

Not sure how a dual battery is oging to affect this all too.. Maybe I'll get the battery tray and install the catch can after that so I know what I'm dealing with...

Cheers,

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Mine isn't a Provent 200 either (it's the small catch can from Forefront Industries) but I put mine in between the airbox and the pre-filter. Not sure if yours would fit there but there is a fair amount of room. I made up a bracket from flat bar which utilises existing mounting bolts. I also drilled a hole and ran some hose down through the guard from the drain on the bottom of the catch can with a tap on the end. The downside of this location is that it makes the pipe work a bit unwieldy. I put my auxiliary battery where the factory fuel filter bracket sits and moved my filter. Some will say I've done it arse about as there's a lot more room for a larger battery if you get rid of the pre-filter & put your battery tray there. If I had my time again maybe I would it that way but it's done and I'm happy enough with it that I can't be bothered changing it!

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC_1023.JPG
    DSC_1023.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMAG0931.jpg
    IMAG0931.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 356
I have an 03 ZD30 and small Forefront industries can, and mounted it off the inner guard between the air filter and fuel filter - but I don't have the second battery either.

Attachments

• DSCN2043.jpg
    DSCN2043.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 407
Hey scott I have an 03 d22 and the provent and I cut the drain port off the bottom and sealed it off then mounted it against the side wall behind the fuel filter just far enough from the bonnet mount so it doesnt interfere with it closing and I can still just get the lid off

Hey 1310/71, thats exactly where im looking to mount my forefront catch can, just curious though, how did you actually secure it to the inner guard panel? Did you remove all the inner guard plastic from above the front wheel to get access??

Back