PlugNGO Throttle Controller

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAFO

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these PlugNGO Throttle Controller for their D22?

Are they worth it?

I have a 2011 2.5TD and generally don't have an issue with it's power output till I start towing my Jayco Camper, which is currently about 4 or 5 times a year. Have asked around a couple of local Diesel Chip suppliers and they have tried to sway me away from installing a diesel chip due to pushing the limits with regards to excessive smoke issues, with one supplier suggesting the use of a Throttle Controller instead.

So, has anyone tried one of these PlugNGO Throttle Controller which only appeared on the market about 6 months or so ago, your thoughts etc.

Hi mate. A throttle controller wont give you anymore power output but it will give you better throttle response. If you chip you Nav properly you won't have any problems. I have just ordered and should have by Monday a steinbauer chip and I will still fit a throttle controller in the future. I tow a jayco as well and know how it slows a Navara down that's for sure. Don't shy away from a chip. It's the tune that makes the difference between an unreliable engine and a reliable powerful one. I say do both.
Cheers.

You can win one in our MUSTER RAFFLE! our sponsor Berrima Deisel have kindly donated one.

I tow a tool trailer to work most days and was frustrated with to lack of power until recently. I can't comment on the throttle controller, but my experience with chipping has been great.
I found it's all to do with the combination of other parts you run with it and the tuning.
I am lucky enough to have a friend with a new dyno who was more than happy to spend time on my ute.
I went with a 3" exhaust, boost controller and a second hand fuel rail pressure chip. I also fitted boost and exhaust temp gauge.
Dyno runs on standard boost of 15psi up to 19psi and maps from 7 to 11 out of 15 were recorded before it was set. The air/fuel ratio ended up at about 20:1 at WOT.
This gave almost 200MN more torque and near 30KW more power with no smoke.
Economy is improved and drivability is now great.
Good luck.

Bluemutt any info on what chip, setting and boost you are running. Also would this mate of yours be Brisbane based? As I am hunting a closer dyno tuner for my rig.

As for towing I don't do a lot of it but I don't think I would enjoy towing without my exhaust, chip, boost controller combo.

Rusty

Rusty, have you had it on the dyno yet?
Mine D22 likes a drink if I drive it hard, but if I keep it between 2k and 3k and ease the throttle on through the gears it 's great.
Under 2k and on spool up it likes to have a puff.

Latest posts

Back