Please Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LX087

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a D40 Stx 2006, just had auto gear box replaced as old one shit itself, done about 300 km to get home n now car won't start. I turn key to start it and the radiator fan comes on for some reason n that's all it does, won't turn over or anything. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen or knows a fix
Cheers

Definitely take others advise over mine but as you're probably desperate to try anything to get it going, I'd try an ECU reset to eliminate the ECU being affected by the transmission replacement as the cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48cGRuya9k

I hope that fixes it or someone comes along with an equally simple fix soon, good luck.

can u feel it selecting gears when u move the shifter. might pay to put it in park, crawl under the vehicle disconnect the selector cable and make sure the shifter on transmission is going into park (hope that makes sense) could just be a cable adjustment issue

Battery terminals are good. Can feel it go into gear n it will roll in Neutral. Will have a look at selector cable n all wiring in the area tomorrow when it is light. Thanks nuckin futs

Check the engine to battery earth cable at the engine end. If you have to, remove it and clean it and reconnect. Also, the ECU earth which I believe is near the ECU in the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

There is a fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet which controls the transmission control module in the transmission. My trans. got coolant in from the radiator which cooked the module and blew the fuse. The ignition lights all came on but would not start. you could try that.

Rod 06

Latest posts

Back