petrol vs diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people are Petrol heads and some like Diesels.

The VG33E powered D22 is rated at 2t I think it was for towing where the YD25 and ZD30 are rated for 2.8t.

The VG33E could even be 1.5t as I haven't looked for a while.

^ Thats legally.

Oh and the VG33E also runs a timing belt.

However the VG33E and VG30E are 2 solid motor's.

I only pay for parts at servicing (and I get trade price) and I don't believe in 5k servicing for anything other than hard worked diesels but for me servicing costs of a diesel are a big saving. If I'd brought a petrol I'd be paying someone to do the service, or have to do it myself which I can't be bothered doing most of the time where as for as long as I own a diesel my servicing never attracts labour and always gets trade price parts.

Petrol versus diesel

....in which case you are in a very special position and your experience wouldn't be of much help to rumbum in making HIS choice.

Although it does give an alternative. Servicing the vehicle yourself will allow you to not only save money on the servicing, but you also know what was done each time.

Same could be said for petrol engines too, of course. And to compare the two on parts and fluids alone: the diesel is going to be more expensive.

Latest posts

Back