patrol wheeks for navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasja5

Reaction score
Members please help, will these patrol rims fit on an 2012 D22 Navara, without modifying the Navara, i e bolt straight on ???? they are 17x8 the Navara has 16x7.

Attachments

• patrol rims.jpg
    patrol rims.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 138
Yes they will. As long as you keep to that tire size they will. I have seen them fitted to a navara locally to me and they look tops. Even better then they do on the patrol. They also sit nice with the gaurd.

Rusty

Just keep an eye on the wheel nuts, I have a mate that had them rims and the front left came off twice at Hwy speeds.

Being bigger and heavier they'll probably sap a bit of power to.

If you end up going down this road can you post some pics and a bit of feed back, cause I've been interested in putting those exact alloys on for some time, would be much appreciated

wheels coming off i mean my friend has 1 and that has never happened.

Click the link i posted above, its a search of the Patrol forum for "wheel fell off".
Mostly seems to happen when people change from steel rims to alloys but use the nuts that held the steel rims on. Apparently the nuts are different.

Click the link i posted above, its a search of the Patrol forum for "wheel fell off".
Mostly seems to happen when people change from steel rims to alloys but use the nuts that held the steel rims on. Apparently the nuts are different.

Yep, heard of that before. The nuts are different with a different mating face on the mag, usually has a flatter face. Make sure you use the nuts that come with the wheel. Also check the hub hole for the hub is the same diameter or the weight of the car is sitting on the studs and not the hub.

Never hurts to use a tention wrench when tightening the wheels.

Patrol wheels have a 110 centre bore and D22 Navara are a 100mm centre bore but not a problem as the bore is only used to assist locating the wheel onto the studs and it is the clamping force of the wheel nuts that hold the wheel on and no weight of the wheel is taken by the centre bore hole (the axle would have to be pressed through the bore if it were to take any weight). Some vehicles don't even use the certre bore at all to help locate the wheel. Nissan said that the wheel falling off issue was due to incorrect reinstatment of wheels with the nuts done up with the studs not centrally located within the holes but as a solution fitted wheel nut indicators to patrols with alloy rims on every second nut under a recall. I have the 16x8 series 2 patrol alloys on my navara and bought 2 sets of Nissan wheel nut indicators (12 in each set but wanted one on each nut) of nizzbits on this forum as some added reassurance, they look quite nice, chrome with nissan writen on a dial that you turn to all line up the same direction.

Thx Peter for the info, But did you use the d22 nuts or the patrol nuts?

I used the chrome ST-R Navara nuts. Nissan use tapered wheel nuts on all there alloy and steel rims on both the Patrol and Navara.

Latest posts

Back