Pathfinder Ti 550 and Navara ST-X 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanguard

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been looking at the nissan website trying to register interest for the new Patrol and saw that you can also register interest for the Pathfinder Ti 550 and the Navara ST-X 550. Does anyone have any idea what that is??? I have punched it into google and came up with nothing... Anyone?

Probably the V6 diesel Navara & Pathy they're revealing at the Sydney motor show. The V6 has 550Nm of torque. There's another thread about it here, the consensus seems to be "sell your firstborn"

Id say there going off the torque figures.

Most people only look at the HP rating though.

Dave.

Dammit a 550 has to be better than my ST-X D40 the number is higher, I can't imagine how you D22 drivers feel having such a low number. Hope it doesn't come in red, red and 550 that will just be dangerous.

110kw and over 300Nm works for me.

If I wanted a big towing vehicle a Dodge Ram with the 6BT Cummins would be my choice.

Dave.

Ok I'll buy my own if you pay the fuel bill Dave. Mate of mine has a F250 he was spending $200 a week on smokes at the servo and getting his diesel for nothing, since giving up smoking he's gotta pay for his diesel now and he's spending the same $200 a week.

He was smoking Marlboro's and spent 10 hours a day behind the wheel, he also smoked what we used to call community smokes, when we went out with him he provided the smokes and we provide the stellar company (or food or drinks or whatever). I never smoked that much driving trucks but I used to smoke heaps more in the truck than anywhere else so in some ways I can relate, but I don't want to relate to his fuel bill. Last I was talking to him he wants to trade the F250 in on a 350 so he obviously doesn't care about fuel.

It's not really a case of using it for anything he just wants it. He spends a lot of time up the bush cutting timber and he also just spends a lot of time driving around, but nothing that most utes couldn't handle. The 250 is now about 7 or 8 years old and he figures it's time for something new.

Between us all in the street we did nearly 900K in the 77 F100 before the bushfires killed it and at the same time his old man had a F250 4wd of a similar vintage that did about 600K before it was sold. In 8 odd years he's done about 400K in the new(er) one and he figures it's time for that new car smell.

(Secretly I think he just likes to be higher on the road than anyone else but I'd never say that out loud in case he told me I wasn't allowed to drive it anymore.)

he's done about 400K in the new(er) one and he figures it's time for that new car smell.

He wants a new new one? So he'd have to get one through VDC?

I think if I had almost seven tonne of towing capacity I'd just put all my cars on a trailer and drag them around all day.

There is a bloke down here that will import and modify any US vehicle you like for a cost and I know of guys capable of doing it in Melbourne but VDC would be on the list.

The weight he can tow really doesn't make a difference, he's got an IH Acco for carting heavy stuff around. He not long ago went around Aus in the 250 towing a bloody pop top, was like seeing a semi towing Mr Bean. There is quite a collection of F series trucks down here and very few of them tow anywhere near their weight, most are used are daily drivers rather than ass haulers.

A mate of mine (who is a loyal Toyata driver and his current bus is a 150 Pardo) test drove a 550 D40 in Adelaide this week. In short he wants one! It is obviously a bloody great diesel engine.

A mate of mine (who is a loyal Toyata driver and his current bus is a 150 Pardo) test drove a 550 D40 in Adelaide this week. In short he wants one! It is obviously a bloody great diesel engine.

Toyota are developing a twin turbo diesel V6 for the Prado, So I would tell him to be patient.

Latest posts

Back