Outside Temp Display

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tappet-- sorry old mate, but the whole point to this excersise is to have it displayed in the dash factory style with stye, no one going to wont that silly looking thing! thats why this thread has grown and grown in popularity because navara owners want style

Hehe style, you'd buy a Rangey or Merc for that.

I wanted to chuck one in the cabin and another in the tub. Just a pair of thin wires to each, there's zero load on them, so even small speaker wire shouldn't skew the results too much. I'll test it first, of course.

So im just checking a thai built king cab for the the input on the dash cluster.there is definatly missing wiring all the way to the cluster main plug but all pins appear to be present on the actual cluster..now i remember that leprechaun said that it was missing the actual internal hadware for the temp display.i guess its possible that they share the same lcd panel within the cluster that is why in diag mode the lcd lights up the temp display location...but with no missing pins it make me wonder.....

Cluster pics. uploadfromtaptalk1392430684549.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392430746196.jpg
I believe this is diffrent to a spanish built cluster...mine has only a 40pin plug also.
Can anyone confime this for me?

Damn was hoping it would go ok , for those with Spanish built PM me with your details if you want sensors, $10 each once I cover my costs all profits to the forum

The $10 includes postage in Australia .

Last edited:
Ive found blank 2 pins side by side...one has a operating voltage of 4.9v and the other appears to be a input ie. Not grounded and no voltage.. i have the sensor tapped into these pins right now....just wondering if i should reconnect the battery and see what happens....any thoughts?
No other 4.9v pins found...found a few 4 x 10.8v and no extra grounds..nothing side by side tho...

I could test the output of the sensor to the remaining spare pins and see what lights up...think there are 7 to 9 others...thoughts

I want this too but I have a Thai built nav so I have to install the connecter for the senor. Hopefully Camo.b gonna crack it soon.

If i can find the correct pins it will just be a matter of running 2 wires from the connector (which takes all of 3 seconds to access) to wherever you want the sensor to read from..anyone have a thai electrical diagram? Would love some hints on pinouts

Sounds like a idea..access is simple as pulling the hood off above the dash cluster and the probes are soldered to the sensor now so its a quick job to test the plug.

Camo, the temp won't display in the instrument cluster until you perform a reset of the cluster.

Pull the fuse in the fuse box to the left of the glove box (should be the 10A fuse just above the removal tool if memory serves) and put it back in. Turning the car on again should provide you with a temperature reading as long as the cluster is capable of doing it.

Was doing a battery dissconnect between probing..just in case.
It appears the thai has a diffrent instrument cluster multiplug.only has 40pins but has about 11 spare but only one has a 4.9 - 5v line coming out of it.3 others have 10.8 v and 7 others that are not ground or +V

So it isn't just the loom that's missing from the engine bay. I wonder why. It would have made sense to just order x clusters from the one manufacturer and send some to Thailand and some to Spain.

Thats what i would have thought...on the back it has a thai sticker...wonder if a heap of parts are locally made..anyway have you ever heard or seen of a thai d40 shop manual?

I wonder if i can work back from a spainish elect diagram and see what i actually have in my 40pin thai..apart from the temp and ltrs per 100 i cannot recall any diffrences in layout or functions.

I was counting on there being some relationship in the designs of the systems, as I guess most of us were!

If you don't have a manual for the Spanish version, I can get one to you.

Back