noise from transfer or gearbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's time to find out what a transfer chain is worth. I think the manual says you have to change the gasket too, when you split the case open to change the chain.

change it before you break it. When they break they will jam up in the case and take out your selectors and possibly worse case lock up your output while driving in 2wd... wouldnt be pretty if you were driving on the hwy. But will obviously only break with continuos 4wd useage.

Josh will a Parol transfer chain work ?

I haven't opened up either transfer but know how they work.

Dave.

the transfer case has no gasket. just machined flanges. you do have to apply sealant to the flanges, you can buy it from autobarn, it comes in a tube just like silicone. you also have to make sure to clean all of the old sealant off. here is a link to my post with large pictures
http://www.navara.asia/d22-drive-train/3987-d21-transfer-case-swap.html

unfortunatly the transfercase pictured has the same chain width as my old broken case,

i didnt think to take measurements to see if the patrol case sprokets will go in to a nav case...could be worth looking into.

Cheers Josh, I might check out the Patrol forum to see if I can find any info over there.

Dave.

wow. try nizz bits they quoted me 900 for a newy. your better off buying the whole t-case from a wrecker. much cheeper for you to get someone to swap it rather than splitting the case and changing the chain. the gears and bearings are all press fit, and you will probably find that if you have been driving on it for a while your gears will be chewed up aswell.
good luck and i hope it dosnt end up costing you much

Latest posts

Back