Nissan bull bar replacement lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I have a Nissan genuine bullbar on my D40 which has the standard blinkers in the bar.

In the Coles car park in Warners Bay today I saw what I think was a D22 (or it might have been a hilux - yeah I know but it was dark and I was being pestered by the wife a kid) but what I did notice was that the blinkers had been relaced with LED driving lights. I presume it must have been a Nissan as the bar looked the same as mine.

Has anybody idea where I can get similar lights? Or even better was it your truck?

Sorry didn't get a picture nor able to ask as he was driving away.

Sorry cannot answer your question but would also like to know if anyone can help.

Recent purchase for me was a 2007 STX that has a genuine Nissan alloy bullbar fitted. It has circular combination park/indicators fitted with spare 'blanks' to the s Ide of these that I would assume are for fogs. Anyway one of the round covers is cracked and I cannot afford the repayments Nissan want for replacments as they insist cannot buy just the covers but need to buy the whole light assembly.

Anyone happen to know where to souce these from? If need be I will post a pic later when I get home from work.

Cheers :)

PS sorry to the OP for hijack..

They work well the eBay ones installed mine after seeing Aussie mention them on another thread. They appear pretty strong to, I hit a roo on the way to work the other morning smashed light out of socket and light still powering.

Last edited:
So guys, LED lights turned up today, installed and all good, well kinda good :) Park lights work fine but the indicators are flashing twice as fast as normal. Have read elsewhere that maybe need to fit some resistors to solve this issue, anyone been there and had to do that? If so what size resistors are necessary and where to buy.. Jaycar perhaps?

Anyone ??

TIA

Tim..

Ok open your bonnet and behind the battery you should see 2 relays mounted on the lip of the guard. One for the right indicator and one for the left.Your headlight indicators are now your secondary lights and the bull bar the front primary.
In short I figured out which were the lines running to the battery and to earth on both relays and put a scotch lock connector on the other 2. What this does is essentially make your headlight indicator the primary again and the bullbar indicator a slave in parallel to it .If you trace the liners out you will find that one line switched the relay on and the other is the line to the secondary indicator.

Ok, so you have just put a single scotch lock in to tie the relay output power to the indicators from both relays into one? If that makes sense?

Thanks by the way :)

The relay has 4 wires
Earth
Batt+
Switch
Line
Switch comes from the bullbar indicator
Line goes to the headlight indicator.
The relay uses the Switch line to energise the relay so connects Line to Batt+
By using the sctoch lock your connecting the Switch and line cables so power comes from the bullbar indicator and goes to the headlight indicator and takes the relays out of the circuits .
You will need a scotch lock per side ( one per relay)
Clear as mud really lol

A little clearer than mud - thanks for the assistance. Will give it a go in the morning and post the results. Much appreciate your help :)

Tim.

Ok open your bonnet and behind the battery you should see 2 relays mounted on the lip of the guard. One for the right indicator and one for the left.Your headlight indicators are now your secondary lights and the bull bar the front primary.
In short I figured out which were the lines running to the battery and to earth on both relays and put a scotch lock connector on the other 2. What this does is essentially make your headlight indicator the primary again and the bullbar indicator a slave in parallel to it .If you trace the liners out you will find that one line switched the relay on and the other is the line to the secondary indicator.

Done and dusted.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.. Took a while to figure it out but :redcool:

hey guys, the l.e.d's look great. has anyone seen or used an aftermarket light for the fog light in the bar? mines a genuine bar as well with blanks in the fog light holes, would be nice to slip some lights in there

pic attached, genuine nissan alloy bar

Attachments

• lifted and tyres.jpg
    lifted and tyres.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 102
that's awesome! i paid $800 for mine, not as good as $400, but much better than the $2500 Nissan want. I love it, I don't need the strength of a steel bar, i just wanted better clearance and to hold my spotties

let me know if you need a hand or advice on fitting it, i did mine in about 3 hours all up and i completely removed the bumper to cut it

Latest posts

Back