New Navara ST Grade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshA

Reaction score
Hi there everybody, I am a new member and about to buy a new Navara D40. Can anybody please tell me anything about the new ST grade(Just released) and how it differs from the ST-X as it seems that it is more care for less money when you read the Nissan website. It seems pretty appealing but I cant seem to find any info on the net except for the nissan site.

Welcome to the Forums.

Not sure there are too many ST drivers around yet. The ST is suppose to fill a gap between the RX and the ST-X so I'd imagine there is everything the RX has with only some of the ST-X features. I guess it depends what you consider to be more for less when you compare the two because when I looked the higher price of the ST-X over the RX was easily seen in the bits they added.

Thanks, yeah this is pretty much all the info I can find myself, nothing in there about Remote Central Locking but would have thought it to be a standard kit.

My guess is, if it's on the RX it's on the ST and although it's not listed on the Nissan spec sheet (which despite it's date on the website hasn't been changed for ages) I do know RX owners with it so there is a good chance it does. Going by the pics on the website too the fuel filler does not have a keylock so they have taken that from the RX since the ST-X needs a key. Then again pictures aren't always accurate because the old Nav brochure actually had several of it's pictures reversed as if they were showing the other side of the car

Hi Josh, welcome to the forums.

i had a look around and couldn't find a spec sheet on it either, I would say the same as Krafty though, RX plus a bit. It looks to be aimed at a tradie in my opinion so keyless entry should be included?

Thats right the dealer did tell me that the fuel cap was remote control on the ST but key lock on the STX. But I guess I will just have to wait and see, I just ordered one in Brisbane so I guess I will find out in due course, I was mainly trying to find out whether there were any suprises that the dealer hadnt mentioned to me, as normally if things sound too good to be true they normally are. considereing the driveaway price of $47,000.00(No ABN) with ARB Sahara Bar(Lights & Paint), S/Tonneau, Tray Liner, Tow Bar, T Diesel/Auto, Rubber floor mats.

If it is all that its cracked up to be I will be a pretty happy camper.

Gotta say this does seem very typical of Nissan, put out a new model but never put out all the information. When the ads for these things first came out at the start of October I noticed they all had *Not available until Mid Nov* written somewhere on the ad. A similar thing happened with the Titaniums.

Curious. It has bluetooth built in with controls on the steering wheel (was a $650 option on my STX and no steering wheel controls). It has audio controls on the steering wheel, not available on the STX.

It looks like it doesn't have indicators in the side mirrors like the STX, and may not have the puddle lights, which are small lights mounted in the side mirrors that illuminate the door and ground beside the vehicle at night. It also seems to have colour matched door handles and maybe sharper contours around the wheel arches, although that may just be the way the photo was taken.

Other than that, it looks every bit the same as the STX.

It also seems to have colour matched door handles and maybe sharper contours around the wheel arches

Geez that would be a bugger in the dark when you were pissed, you'd never find the bloody door handles. You'd have to remember to leave the doors open while you were sober so the lights where on when you came back.

*disclaimer driving while pissed is not a good idea and is not recommended, however trying to find you car and get into it while pissed is legal and sometimes quite funny to onlookers.

It means that ST owners should never volunteer to be the "designated driver" - which leaves them free to enjoy, imbibe, collapse, flounder, chuck, skull, fall over, curse and generally set a good example.

Dammit it only I'd waited for the ST to come out.....

....I still would have brought the ST-X I rarely drink that much anyway.

A non violent and non abusive drunk can be hours of entertainment and usually it's free too

Do you mean that only the STX is made in Spain? I wonder why too. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my car, but waiting for parts to come over via inflatable rowboat obviously takes less time if it's coming from Thailand.

* Note to self: remember to donate vulcanising vinyl repair kits to Nissan couriers to score browning points next time I want to order something like the ambient temp sensor

That is one thing that really shocks me about the Navara, length of time to get parts. There should be a pile of stock kept in Aus at all times, pretty disappointing really.

There are stories on here of people waiting for injectors!

Do you mean that only the STX is made in Spain? I wonder why too. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my car, but waiting for parts to come over via inflatable rowboat obviously takes less time if it's coming from Thailand.

* Note to self: remember to donate vulcanising vinyl repair kits to Nissan couriers to score browning points next time I want to order something like the ambient temp sensor

Well the thai trucks have a different dash cluster so you'll never get a temp sensor from Thailand. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before all the variants are sourced from Thailand.

I don't know if the wait on Nav stuff has improved much recently but the last excuse I was given for Nissan being slow on things was of course the GFC but mainly due to Nissan Australia restructuring. Apparently with the sackings and staff changing jobs the local dealers had to wait for new reps to contact when they wanted stuff ordered.

While I know the job loses and restructure actually happened I can't really vouch for the rest of it other than to say when it happened to the pc industry about 12 years ago and many big companies went down it was exactly the same as what the Nissan guys described.

Latest posts

Back