New Guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty D

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Girls,

just joined up to this forum, i own a 2003 D22 DX ZD30

hoping to find on here good ideas tips and hits, also problem solving if required.

only problem im sitting with at the moment is power, just recently i have found that the Nav has lost some power been doing alot of trouble shooting at process of elimination with no joy from manual fuel pump leaking air to volt drop and nothing has seemed to of fixed it...

next thing is to disconnect the pump inhibitor switch and try that.

if the car sits on idle for a period of time the engine light comes on and goes into limp mode or if it sits at certain rev for a period of time same thing... very intermittant but all i do is turn the car off then back on and its fine for a while, if it starts happening it doesnt stop but if it doesnt happen i dont have any problems, however.... only recently has it lost power completely with no engine light, i have done compression test on car and all reading above 400psi...

any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Matty D

Welcome to the forum.

I hate intermittent problems like that. Sometimes they're a dodgy electrical connector - like the earth lead to the engine block (often!) but also the plugs that connect the ECU, injectors etc. Try taking them apart and putting them back together a couple of times and see if it improves things.

If the CEL comes on there should be a code in the ECU for it - if you can get to a mechanic at this point and ask them to grab the code, it might give you some idea where to focus on.

ECUTALK cable is a good investment. Monitors about 20 different things, reads and clears faults, about $100. Software takes a bit to set up but well worth it. OBD readers are no good on the ZD30 unfortantely. http://www.ecutalk.com/diesel.aspx

Back