New D22 owner in Perth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Macka-

Reaction score
Hi guys, My names Ben and have been lurking here for awhile doing my research on the D22 St-r

Seems like a great site and made my choice in buying our new Navara very easy

Still waiting on delivery of our new d22 St-r, for the price with the free bullbar and tow bar we couldn't walk away, was only a fraction more then a Greatwall so it wasn't a hard choice

Navara is replacing my old diesel 80 series for touring work around WA, so cant wait to start modding it, not sure how much Nissan allows with warranty though

Will post photos asap

Cheers

Ben

Hey Ben great job on snagging up a cheap deal, I live in the lesmurdie area in perth and have had my d22 since 2012 and despite the amount of shit I cop at work for it I still think it's an awesome 4by

there a great buy best bang for your buck out there
replace your shocks,add some rubber and away you go with a very capable ifs ute
enjoy

Keep it simple mate as Sparra said a few mods and away you go i did all of Fraser over a week when mine was stock never an issue or bogging pulled out 4 hire cars and a jackaroo and trailer the only issue left with mine is the rear bar will drag in the harder stuff and i have to take the odd chicken track to avoid damage but it's about to go the bar that is.

Thanks guys great to hear, Mod list will be very basic ( to start ) Canopy and snorkle are the first i will be after, then lift and rubber after the wife lets go of the wallet again

Now just have to wait so we can pick it up

Ben

Thanks guys great to hear, Mod list will be very basic ( to start ) Canopy and snorkle are the first i will be after, then lift and rubber after the wife lets go of the wallet again

Now just have to wait so we can pick it up

Ben

just a tip, be in no rush to buy any extra or mod make sure that you do your research and that whatever your buying will really suit your needs without stumping you when you want to add another mod. i personally being on apprentice wages cannot afford to be buying the most expensive gear all the time but that being said the most expensive isnt always the best so do be sure to search arround and see what deals can be done to save cash :)

just a tip, be in no rush to buy any extra or mod make sure that you do your research and that whatever your buying will really suit your needs without stumping you when you want to add another mod. i personally being on apprentice wages cannot afford to be buying the most expensive gear all the time but that being said the most expensive isnt always the best so do be sure to search arround and see what deals can be done to save cash :)

Im never in a rush, Wife wont let me rush, this build is going to be slow and steady
I know the feeling about apprentice wages, i just started a Adult apprenticeship after years as a trade assistant, a small shock to the system haha

Still waiting for Delivery... starting to get a little annoyed with the dealer... lots of excuses very little progress starting to feel like im beating my head against a brick wall :banghead:, car has only just made it to the "holding yard" now im being told they are out of Bullbars and Towbars due to high demand... less then impressed with them so far

But a question, how long would it Normally take for a new car to be delivered when i was told it was in stock in Perth

Ben

Still waiting for Delivery... starting to get a little annoyed with the dealer... lots of excuses very little progress starting to feel like im beating my head against a brick wall :banghead:, car has only just made it to the "holding yard" now im being told they are out of Bullbars and Towbars due to high demand... less then impressed with them so far

But a question, how long would it Normally take for a new car to be delivered when i was told it was in stock in Perth

Ben

Ours was "in stock" didn't need bullbar or towbar but did get windows tinted, had it within a week. By "in stock" I mean sitting on the ground at another dealership, which they had to get it from...

Thanks Bods, has been 16 days so far and car is still not at dealership, not sure if i was being impatient or if they are dragging the chain

We were told it was "in stock" at a holding yard in Perth, im sure it will turn up, have asked the branch manager for some answers

Whew been a busy few weeks :S Got the Navara, Had to wait 2 weeks after pick up for Bullbar and Towbar to arrive, but was all fitted at the 1000km first service with a supplied loan car so it all worked out

Have got a Smooth finish ARB Canopy on order, started my rear storage set up been a busy weekend so far.
Still need to Fit the Ctek 250 and Fullriver AGM, add marine ply to storage system, mount my "Basher" Fridge slide... But we love the Nav to bits already

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back