New addition to the family

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smarto

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been a member on here for a little while now, conducting research before I laid down the hard earned. But yesterday I took ownership of a spanking new white d22!! Got the tow bar and the bungee style tub cover fitted as well. Pretty happy with it and it will suit my purposes perfectly.

Just a few quick questions though, should I have the hubs locked in for a few hundred Kay's to wear em in?? I remember when my old man picked up his DX 10 years ago and he had to have it in 4wd or something for the 1st thousand Kay's. I asked the sales rep but he had no idea. Also mine came with all terrains straight up. Is this standard??

It will be mainly used to tow my boat around and camping trips here and there. 1st lot of mods will be roof racks to carry my kayak around, then probably some engine mods such as EGR block, second fuel filter, and changing the battery set up. Probably after that a bullbar.

Anyway just wanted to share my excitement and look forward to keep learning plenty from this forum.

Cheers, Sam.

Nissan wanted 1400 for the steel bar and the exact same ones are on eBay for 1000!! Was thinking of a canopy aswell so might save up and see if Arb of tjm will do a deal for both.

Welcome to the forum.

Driving with the hubs engaged (with the transfer lever in 2HI) won't do any harm at all. It just means you're turning over your front diff - which is how the D40 (and Colorado etc) work all the time.

When i got my d22 in 2005 they said first 500km, someone else on here mentioned 1000km. Plenty of people say to load it up and make it work to break them in.

Latest posts

Back