need urgent response

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david

Reaction score
I have a nissan navara turbo diesel. my wife has driven it down the road in 4x 4 mode. only 5 mins away. when she went to park it, it sort of stoped. then she realised in was in 4x4. will it reck the transmission.

where the front hubs locked?
i'm guessing it was driven on tarseal then yes it will get damaged. sounds kinda like it got driveline windup. that will put great stress on transfer case, driveshafts, cv's and diffs etc.

Sounds like it has just wound up the driveline mate, if it will reverse, back it up a bit and see if that free's it, otherwise you will have to jack up a wheel to take the pressure off, I may be wrong but unless anything actually broke it shouldn't do any long term damage.

Hmmm...some manners would'nt go astray.

Is that 5 mins...

on a dirt road,
on a sealed road,
at 60kph,
at 110kph,
in a straight line,
left or right hand turns, up or down hills,
hubs locked or unlocked,
stop starting,
??????

and i would expect it to stop when you park it.

I guess "welcome to the forum" needs to be said too.

I'd knock the thing out of 4WD mode and reverse it a little, it should all loosen up once the gearbox disengages.

Get it back on the road and listen carefully for grinding, squealing, thump-squelching or rattling noises. If you hear an irregular thump-squelch noise, look up quickly, you're probably driving over pedestrians. All of the other noises are related to drive train issues.

i luv how ur blamin the wife too mate ,hahaha, the wife did it!!!hahahahah.but seriously hope theres no damage mate!!!!or the wife might be in a bit of trouble.

Latest posts

Back