Navara smoking on cold start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam786

Reaction score
Hi all my Navara 2011 is driving me crazy.
I have had the turbo replaced / injectors / head gasket. But on cold starts it still smoking for few minutes.

What could it be ? Mechanic has checked and intercooler and eGR are fine. Also checked the head to ensure oil is feeding back into the engine.

Your help would be appreciated.
Once it warms up after 3minutes it drives fine , starts first time and full power. It’s just this cold start.

glow plugs is first thing. check glow rail for voltage.
check for oil in the intake, especially before the turbo.
block off egr, which will tell you if thats staying open.
is the cat removed? usually don't see much smoke due to the cat filtering a lot of it.

reset the fuel pressure data.

glow plugs is first thing. check glow rail for voltage.
check for oil in the intake, especially before the turbo.
block off egr, which will tell you if thats staying open.
is the cat removed? usually don't see much smoke due to the cat filtering a lot of it.

reset the fuel pressure data.
Many thanks for the reply.
I’ve had brand new Bosch glow plugs , the turbo has been replaced with a brand new one.
I’ve noticed if I drive hard it does go into limp mode with no code. After I power cycle it’s fine.
The cat is still on the car.

btw what color smoke?
if its blue check the intake for oil. if its overfilled with oil it will blow heaps into the intake.
also compression test, make sure its not rings.

if its black smoke it may be related to the limp mode. might be an injection issue like the scv. also i would make sure the maf sensor is clean.

Latest posts

Back