My drama as it unfolds!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchd22

Reaction score
So i posted up the other day about a ticking/tapping noise coming from the motor of the mighty d22.

Took it back to nissan this morning and after 8 hours they STILL don't know what or where the noise is coming from.

They've pulled injectors, rails, fuel filter, injector pump, checked turbo and turbo heat shield, dump pipe and flanges off it and tested/checked them to no avail..

3 mechanics and a nissan tech via videolink from melbourne and still couldn't work it out. So now im am rocking the mighty micra whilst they figure out what they are going to do next. Looks as if they might be pulling the motor down to see whats going on! (Mind you this is a 2012 model with only 23k on it)

Will keep yas posted on developments as they come to light because im sure as most of us enthusiasts everyone would be eager to find out whats gone down with yet another YD25...

Cheers Mitch

Does it happen when you first start the motor on a cold morning?. I thought my motor was about to let go when it first started in the morning and it happened at 30,000k's. I read on a euro navara forum that the stock belts shrink when they are cold and pull all the pulleys tight which makes the bearings knock. I replaced all my belts with Bosch belts and I've got 76,000k's up now with no problem. I think it's worth a try.

pretty sure they've ruled just about every external part out. It doesn't seem to happen when cold, rather once it's started to warm up and oil starts to thin out abit

I posted a video in another topic called ticking/tapping noise if you want to hear it

Bugga! Glow plug tip broken off now rattling in cylinder maybe? Hopefully not.

And the nerve to give you a micra? My sister in law dropped her Peugeot in to the dealer for some work -- they gave her the latest model to drive. Guess who wants a return customer?

i HAD to fight the bastards just to get that!! don't worry they won't be getting anymore business from me once its fixed. Will solely only go there for warranty claim if needed in the future.

Latest posts

Back