Mt Dare to New Andado road is closed indefinitely.

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

KevinE

Reaction score
I read the above today. Apparently the bulldust is very bad up there at the moment. We were leaving for there later in the week, so currently trying to work out plan B.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder how many 4x4ers will ignore the signs and drive around them.

They did manage to reopen the Bridle Track after the rockfall, although that's a lot closer to large population centres than Mt Dare - but fingers crossed!

KevinE

Reaction score
I think you'd have to have a few screws loose to go up that road whilst its closed, but I reckon you're right, some morons may ignore the signs. That could be fatal out there!

Glad they've re-opened the Bridle Track :)

Bulldust is a bit different, they need a lot of rain to fall on it before they can sort out the current mess. The pictures I've seen show very deep wheel ruts.

Still can't put a plan B together yet! :(

KevinE

Reaction score
We were up there in Sept/Oct & the info I received (and posted) was wrong. There was no signage to say that the road was closed at either end of it (Binns Track Mt. Dare to Andado), but it really should have been closed.

We went up about 20km's or so along the Binns Track & the bulldust was nuts. Did a U turn & went up through Hamilton Station & Eringa waterhole instead.

Also, some absolute genius has moved signage around where the road intersects with the Aboriginal land & the Binns Track. Whoever did it removed the sign from where it should be & taken it about 15km's up a dead end road & re-planted it, which wouldn't be a problem in a less remote area, but could very easily be deadly out there.

Latest posts